Appalachian State 34 Michigan 32

Hangman

The best thing about this upset is now the Michigan AD has to write a check to Appalachain State for $400,000 for coming up to play the game. "Here's your money, thanks for coming up here, embarassing us, getting our coach fired and ending our National Title hopes on the first weekend. It was great we'll have to do it again soon."

Classic-And True!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is App. State ranked in the fcs? If there not ranked 1st they should be when the new polls come out. I also look to see Michigan fall at least 10 to 15 spots in the polls.

10 - 15 spots? Are you crazy? The #5 team in the nation just lost to a 1-AA school. They will no doubt fall out of the top 25 and should be banned from any BCS bowl even if they win the Big 10.

:thumb:

That's sad unless you have some tie to App. St.

You obviously know nothing about the OSU/UM rivalry. Growing up OSU fans had toilet paper with Bo Schembechler's face on it, and UM fans had the same with Woody on it. What's so sad about seeing you're most hated rival get embarrassed in such a fashion? This is an embarrassment like no other to Michigan. My only concern is that now Carr will get the boot.

The best thing about this upset is now the Michigan AD has to write a check to Appalachain State for $400,000 for coming up to play the game. "Here's your money, thanks for coming up here, embarassing us, getting our coach fired and ending our National Title hopes on the first weekend. It was great we'll have to do it again soon."

:lol: Get a huge check and beat the powerful Michigan team in the "biggest upset in history".......................Priceless.

The national sports services have referenced the Appalachian State win over

Michigan on Saturday as "(One of...) the greatest/biggest upsets in the

history of college football".

As a longtime follower of the Ohio State football program (thereby, perhaps

diluting my objectivity somewhat), I'm still not sure that the Appalachian

State victory ranks bigger than Michigan's 1969 upset of unbeaten and

defending national champion Ohio State...that's nearly thirty-eight years ago

and, aside from still curdling the scarlet and gray blood of OSU fans anywhere,

many non-biased observers still regard the '69 game very highly in terms of

"greatest upsets" (of all time).

I understand the ramifications of a highly regarded Division I team losing to

a "sub-Division" team from a little known conference, but the fact that it is

very early in the season and there are eleven games to be played...

the biggest thing at stake in Michigan vs. Appalachian State was that

Michigan's national title hopes have been summarily dashed (same thing when

Texas beat Ohio State early in 2005) and that the "Wolves" are howling for

Lloyd Carr's scalp.

Welcome to BG Harry!! :thumb: Glad to have another Buckeye football fan on here.

Fired...

Look at the bright side, GT...this could be the best thing for Michigan in the long term. It stinks right now, but if it ultimately gets Carr out and gets a real coach in, Michigan may very well become the factor that they should be in the national title picture on a regular basis instead of the team that's loaded with talent, but ultimately dissappoints...

1) always losing to OSU

2) usually getting beat in their bowl game if it's against top tier teams

and

3) often getting beat by someone they shouldn't at some point during the season

If they get a top notch coach, Michigan will be a major factor, IMO because that's the only thing they're lacking.

This thread could also be applied to Tennessee and Phil Fulmer...

Buckeye fans might enjoy this now, but they may regret it when Lloyd gets the axe. Their run of dominance will end if Michigan gets a coach.