Ashland vs. Pikeville Predictions

Who Wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are some of the better players for Pikeville? Can anyone provide some info about their team?

Pikeville has a ton of athletic and fast skill position players lead by the Honaker Brothers Tim(QB), Ted(RB), RB Chad Jackson, and RB Daniel Harmon. They also have the ablility to spread the ball out and throw it around. The appear to be a very well balanced offensive team with tons of speed.

All they have to do is throw the ball then Ashland loses because Ashland's secondary cant improve as much as it needs to in just 1 week of practice.

Actually, daddy-o...the ball has to be caught as well, not just thrown.:rolleyes:

Even the casual observer can see the Tomcat secondary needs some practice and I trust Coach Hart and his assistants will see to that. Typically, the greatest strides of improvement occur between week one and week two. This season has just begun...I vote we give coaches and players the chance they deserve.

Last season Ashland used its Week 1 loss to right the ship and propel them to a successful season. I expect the same from the Tomcats this year. Pikeville very well could present the Tomcats with alot of problems with their athleticism, but being at Putnam Stadium, I give the edge to Ashland in another nail bitter. My prediction:

Ashland: 22

Pikeville: 21

Typically, the greatest strides of improvement occur between week one and week two. This season has just begun...I vote we give coaches and players the chance they deserve.

Great post Painter :thumb: , Ashland will be just fine and improve as the season goes on just as I feel that Raceland and other well coached teams will do. The Tomcats are very well coached and as I said will get better each week.

As for this one, I believe that it will be another very close one in Putnam that could go either way. Good luck to the Tomcats :thumb:

Actually, daddy-o...the ball has to be caught as well, not just thrown.:rolleyes:

Even the casual observer can see the Tomcat secondary needs some practice and I trust Coach Hart and his assistants will see to that. Typically, the greatest strides of improvement occur between week one and week two. This season has just begun...I vote we give coaches and players the chance they deserve.

If the "greatest strides of improvement occur within week one and two" then whats the reason for the preseason games.....