Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland vs. Pikeville Predictions

Who Wins? 85 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Like last year, can Ashland use their close loss to Raceland as motivation in week 2?

 

Ashland 28

Pikeville 24

  • Replies 76
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to see how Pikeville looks tonight before I predict week 2...

I'm going to see how Pikeville looks tonight before I predict week 2...

All they have to do is throw the ball then Ashland loses because Ashland's secondary cant improve as much as it needs to in just 1 week of practice.

I think Ashland will bounce back, and win this one.

 

Ashland 28

Pikeville 21

  • Author

Who are some of the better players for Pikeville? Can anyone provide some info about their team?

Who are some of the better players for Pikeville? Can anyone provide some info about their team?

 

Pikeville has a ton of athletic and fast skill position players lead by the Honaker Brothers Tim(QB), Ted(RB), RB Chad Jackson, and RB Daniel Harmon. They also have the ablility to spread the ball out and throw it around. The appear to be a very well balanced offensive team with tons of speed.

  • Author
Putnam Stadium will be the deciding factor.

 

Lets hope so! :ylsuper:

Pikeville better be three TD's better than ashland to escape Putnam witha win the week after the Tomcats lose at home... but I think the Panthers are 3 TD's better.

 

Pikeville 26

Ashland 20

All they have to do is throw the ball then Ashland loses because Ashland's secondary cant improve as much as it needs to in just 1 week of practice.

 

Actually, daddy-o...the ball has to be caught as well, not just thrown.:rolleyes:

 

Even the casual observer can see the Tomcat secondary needs some practice and I trust Coach Hart and his assistants will see to that. Typically, the greatest strides of improvement occur between week one and week two. This season has just begun...I vote we give coaches and players the chance they deserve.

Last season Ashland used its Week 1 loss to right the ship and propel them to a successful season. I expect the same from the Tomcats this year. Pikeville very well could present the Tomcats with alot of problems with their athleticism, but being at Putnam Stadium, I give the edge to Ashland in another nail bitter. My prediction:

 

Ashland: 22

Pikeville: 21

It will be tough to escape Putnam with a win but the Panthers are capable of doing so if they play a good game and play under control.

 

Pikeville 22

Ashland 14

 

Typically, the greatest strides of improvement occur between week one and week two. This season has just begun...I vote we give coaches and players the chance they deserve.

Great post Painter :thumb: , Ashland will be just fine and improve as the season goes on just as I feel that Raceland and other well coached teams will do. The Tomcats are very well coached and as I said will get better each week.

 

As for this one, I believe that it will be another very close one in Putnam that could go either way. Good luck to the Tomcats :thumb:

Actually, daddy-o...the ball has to be caught as well, not just thrown.:rolleyes:

 

Even the casual observer can see the Tomcat secondary needs some practice and I trust Coach Hart and his assistants will see to that. Typically, the greatest strides of improvement occur between week one and week two. This season has just begun...I vote we give coaches and players the chance they deserve.

If the "greatest strides of improvement occur within week one and two" then whats the reason for the preseason games.....

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.