Who Wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what side are you sitting on??

There you go again.:D I remember a couple of really good football game, that I played in the '90 and '91 against Pikeville, Raceland lost in '90 and won in '91. So, I will be standing on the Pikeville side of the field. I picked Ashland to win in a close one, but being at Raceland, I always root for my 1A teams.

There you go again.:D I remember a couple of really good football game, that I played in the '90 and '91 against Pikeville, Raceland lost in '90 and won in '91. So, I will be standing on the Pikeville side of the field. I picked Ashland to win in a close one, but being at Raceland, I always root for my 1A teams.

Raceland didn't beat Pikeville in 1991. Pikeville's 1991 team went into the state championship game undefeated and lost to Beechwood and Brandon Berger. I remember being at the game at Raceland when Raceland won...can't remember the year but it wasn't 1991...

Raceland didnt beat Pikeville in '91. The only game they lost that year was to Beechwood in the state title game.

Current vote is 37-37 WOW!

Looks like this poll so far is going about the same way that the Ashland/Raceland poll went. I think that one ended up Ashland by 6 with 9 or 10 votes to "to close to call". And it was that close, last second field goal won it.

Raceland didn't beat Pikeville in 1991. Pikeville's 1991 team went into the state championship game undefeated and lost to Beechwood and Brandon Berger. I remember being at the game at Raceland when Raceland won...can't remember the year but it wasn't 1991...

Raceland didnt beat Pikeville in '91. The only game they lost that year was to Beechwood in the state title game.

Maybe it was '89 that Pikeville beat Raceland in the Pike Co. Bowl, and Raceland beat Pikeville in '90 at Raceland, I know D'Anthony Honecker was playing, because he was across from me all night.

Maybe it was '89 that Pikeville beat Raceland in the Pike Co. Bowl, and Raceland beat Pikeville in '90 at Raceland, I know D'Anthony Honecker was playing, because he was across from me all night.

That's probably it...I remember being very shocked that Pikeville lost...it was probably the first or second game of the 1990 season, right after Pikeville won three championships in a row...I also remember Raceland had a couple of VERY fast backs...

The more I think about this game, the more I think Pikeville will win...Pikeville will cause Ashland all kinds of problems...

I think you may be right, If Ashland has not corrected some of it's mistakes from last week, it could be a problem for them. Pikeville's biggest problem will be playing Ashland after they got beat at home by Raceland.

After watching the game Friday vs. Raceland and seeing the Pikeville folks there, I'm gonna guess that Pikeville will win this one by a touchdown. At this moment, I think the only advantage that Putnam has on opponents is that they have to get on a bus to get there, no more, no less. The mystique is more for the 45 year old parents who remember the glory days. I'm also not too sure that Ashland is that "well coached". I suppose that remains to be seen, and this Friday will help determine that. Ashland is very young and if they have significant injuries on the line of scrimmage, they may get younger. Good luck to both teams.

Pikeville 28

Ashland 20

I have to disagree. I for one seen last year what a great mind and knowledge of football that Coach Hart has. In the first meeting with JC, Grim ran wild running for over 300 yds. In the second meeting, Coach Hart and his assistants put together a game plan to make JC go to someone other than Grimm cause they werent going to let him beat them. Needless to say Grimm had his lowest total of the season with 57 yds and JC had to go to the air to defeat the Tomcats. Coach Hart I believe is an excellent coach and a class person as well.