Ashland vs. Pikeville Predictions

Who Wins?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hillard Howard won three consecutive 1A State Championships with the Pikeville Panthers in the late 80's and their pride runs deeper than ever under Coach Jackson.

Can the "mighty" Tomcats meet this challenge? I believe they can but this Friday will be a war.

Hillard Howard won three consecutive 1A State Championships with the Pikeville Panthers in the late 80's and their pride runs deeper than ever under Coach Jackson.

Can the "mighty" Tomcats meet this challenge? I believe they can but this Friday will be a war.

:thumb: :thumb: I agree, another too close to call game imo. Maybe we need that option on the poll again. :D

The comment made was that more improvement comes between games 1 and 2. If this is so then why do teams play preseason games???:thumb:

Maybe to get everyone a look under game type situation vs. someone other than yourselves and to test different players at different positions / run different sets on "O" and "D". A scrimmage is just that and should be used as a practice. JMO and that is how most coaches look at it as well. :thumb:

Im not going to make a prediction on this one. All Im saying is its going to be a battle. When 2 of the most storied football programs in this part the state(if not the whole state) get together it always is. Pikeville needs to cut down on their mental mistakes (Fumbles,Penalties,Missed Assignments,etc.). Ashland better not think that their just gonna roll over Pikeville either.

I think this week you see a much improved Ashland team. The Tomcats played a great second half last week but just came up short. The kids never quit and that was a positive to build on for this week. I know that the coaches and players are working hard in preparation for this weeks game and no one wants a win more than they do. True Tomcat fans will not quit on the kids and I guarantee the kids will not quit on them.

Good luck to the Tomcats and I hope all fans come out to give them the support they deserve.

Ashland 28

Pikeville 16

This is a must win for the Tomcats. It would not look good for the Tomcats to loose to two 1-A teams in consecutive weeks. Therefore the Tomcats come out scratching and pull out a close one at Putnam. Make us proud Tomcats.

I think Ashland will win – But not easily. Pikeville must smell blood in the water (like their chances to win).

The Tomcats still have a lot of work to do. I hope they are fast learners.

The best thing about last Friday’s poor performance was that they didn’t quit – they fought back and tied the game late in the 4th quarter. I think they will learn from their mistakes and keep fighting.

I think Ashland will win – But not easily. Pikeville must smell blood in the water (like their chances to win).

The Tomcats still have a lot of work to do. I hope they are fast learners.

The best thing about last Friday’s poor performance was that they didn’t quit – they fought back and tied the game late in the 4th quarter. I think they will learn from their mistakes and keep fighting.

:thumb: agreed!