Beechwood 21 Dixie 17

LN, I will agree Dixie shouldn't have lost Sat.

But with that said they are light years ahead of where they were last year and the year before after the 1st 2 weeks. They need to keep working hard and they will be fine. They have a tough stretch coming up with SK, CCH, and Highlands, if they continue to improve they should go at least 2-1 and hopefully 3-0 in that stretch, anything worse, and well I am not ready to go there yet.

Good luck to your Birds this week.

You nailed it DEWEY, Dixie is light years ahead of last year and the second Dixie/HHS game should be a dandy.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wait a minute! I shot those pictures of EJ!!! However, I was using DaMan's D2x to do it. :D

Proof is in who posted the pictures... lol... I did take some of them though (The last one where they are way off the ground for sure), maybe not that particular one. hehe...

I shoot with Nikon Gear mostly. Unfortunately it is expensive and sometimes there are close calls on the sidelines. But I like shooting the games and this was a good one to be at.

I'm learning with a D80 right now. I've got cheap Sigma lenses until I learn the camera more. I've got the Nikon 70-200mm f2.8 VR high on my wish list, although I'd like a 300mm, but that's nearly double the price.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=126764

Checked it out.. those are good.. Shooting from the the stands would be tough.

I would like to get a wider lens, something up to 70mm for close ups etc.. but the lens I want costs 1800. I will be passing on it, as that is not in the budget any time soon.

Nice pics. And nice job Beechwood. This one didn't turn out the way I thought it would (again:jump:). I figured with Dixie's numbers, it would be Dixie who pulled it out at the end. Congrats Tigers. Dixie remains a mystery. With all that was written on here about the increased off season conditioning and training, I expected Dixie to start off strong this year. I know its only one game against a very solid Beechwood team, but I have to admit I expected more out of the Red Colonels (not that they care about my expectations). SM32, was this as big of surprise for you as it was for me?

Yes, but it shouldn't be to either one of us after all these years.

Yes!

Also, there is nothing wrong with a Sigma lens and no matter what you do the most important thing is to make sure your lens is at a static 2.8 f-stop.

The sigma I have isn't bad in the middle of a sunny day as it's somewhere along the lines of a 4.6 to 5.8. It's the night games that will probably not come out as clear. I've heard nothing but great things out of the 70-200mm Nikon with the f2.8 and vibration reduction, especially for friday night football games.

When you say stitched several photos together, for the panoramic view, how is that done, with multiple photos and a image editor or another method.

Excellent photo by the way.

You got it. The best way to do this is with a tripod (or monopod in Da-Man's case) so that you have a consistent level of view. Basically, start from either end, take a pic, turn the camera slightly, take a pic, and so-on. Once done and downloaded, you can take a photo editing software (Photoshop) and join the photos together in a panoramic view.

BTW, I'm in the pic. ;-)

You got it. The best way to do this is with a tripod (or monopod in Da-Man's case) so that you have a consistent level of view. Basically, start from either end, take a pic, turn the camera slightly, take a pic, and so-on. Once done and downloaded, you can take a photo editing software (Photoshop) and join the photos together in a panoramic view.

BTW, I'm in the pic. ;-)

Thanks and could the panoramic view be done, without a tripod. I presume it would be much more difficult, since the top/bottom views, may not match up. Sorry for so many questions, I know very little about taking quality photos but I'm considering it.

Why are you standing by yourself....

Thanks and could the panoramic view be done, without a tripod. I presume it would be much more difficult, since the top/bottom views, may not match up. Sorry for so many questions, I know very little about taking quality photos but I'm considering it.

Why are you standing by yourself....

Yes, it can. However, depending on how steady your hand is, you may end up with a very skinny panoramic view. :D They're best taken with the stability of a tripod so that you can easily move the camera left to right without it moving up and down.

I'm a loser. :D