Beechwood 21 Dixie 17

I don't see me in my usuall 50 yard line area seat so I'm not included. The red socks probably would have created too much of a glare anyway.:laugh: :laugh:

There is a void in the stands where I saw you at one point during the game. Based on who I'm sitting with, this pic was taken in the first half.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a void in the stands where I saw you at one point during the game. Based on who I'm sitting with, this pic was taken in the first half.

I did go to the concessions with Nick at one point and the bathroom at halftime, so it's possible it was around then. The guys I was sitting in front of are in the pic, minus a Dixie alum with a CCH shirt on that came in during the second half.

Being a Saturday game I didn't sit as still as usual. At one point I was down behind the team on the far end zone too.

nees, you want to talk to Da-man about the VR, it may not help as much as you think.

I guess if you're using a monopod, the VR doesn't have that much effect as vibrations are kept to a minimum anyways. It's the low f-stop that's more appealing. I thought about renting one for a weekend to shoot my nephew's and cousin's football games to see if I liked it before ever laying down the cash. However, if you can't get onto the field, the 300mm works pretty well from the stands if you're in the front row.

The sigma I have isn't bad in the middle of a sunny day as it's somewhere along the lines of a 4.6 to 5.8. It's the night games that will probably not come out as clear. I've heard nothing but great things out of the 70-200mm Nikon with the f2.8 and vibration reduction, especially for friday night football games.

VR is not all that for sports photography. And here is why, VR typically doesnt kick in until you are shooting over 1/60 of a second which you would not use for shooting most things moving. So the VR part of that lens wont be helping you.

I have the 18-200 VR, which unfortunately is not a constant 2.8, but is 3.5-5.6 and for shooting hand held at slow shutter speeds it is great.

When you say stitched several photos together, for the panoramic view, how is that done, with multiple photos and a image editor or another method.

Excellent photo by the way.

Yes, that photo was made from 9 seperate photos of the stands. And you use tools to line up the matching parts, blend and balance the photos so exposures match in each view so you do not see dark and light bands from that. But if you could see the pic before I posted it, it would have been jagged on the top and bottom as the different pics had different focal lengths and FOV. So you loose some on those ends as you then need to crop for an cut on top and bottom.

Also, I had to try a few different things, because when moving objects are involved sometimes you get replicated people or things not lining up right. for the most part this one was pretty clean.

I shot this with the camera on the monopod, because the lens is to big to hand hold comfortably althought I have done it some around the house.