Beechwood 21 Dixie 17

Well, yes and no. It must be hard to keep kids in the program of some schools. Take for example that big 8th grader who was at turkeyfoot middle school (Dixie feeder school) and moved to Ft. Thomas. A couple of those kids can make a difference in a program. Plus, schools, like Bwood, have a tradition of winning and they attract kids as well.

What does that have to do with the kids being out of shape?:confused:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does that have to do with the kids being out of shape?:confused:

Nothing. I was referring to the overture that Dixie lost to a 1A school and how that shouldn't happen. I don't know if kids are in better shape based on the size of the school... the coach makes that difference.

I am not 100% sold on the theory that two-a-days is the missing link to Dixie's conditioning woes. I think if the coaching staff could install two-a-days at Dixie than I am sure they would. Will three weeks of two-a-days make that much of an impact to the program as far as conditioning? Probably not. Two-a-days are generally geared towards all of the fundamentals of football such as installing new plays, run and pass blocking, timing, etc.

Conditioning should start the first day after the last game of the prior season. That responsibility and committment belongs to the athlete, not entirely upon the coaches shoulders.

Do the Dixie players have the committment to take the program to the next level? Season has just started and time will tell...

I am not 100% sold on the theory that two-a-days is the missing link to Dixie's conditioning woes. I think if the coaching staff could install two-a-days at Dixie than I am sure they would. Will three weeks of two-a-days make that much of an impact to the program as far as conditioning? Probably not. Two-a-days are generally geared towards all of the fundamentals of football such as installing new plays, run and pass blocking, timing, etc.

Conditioning should start the first day after the last game of the prior season. That responsibility and committment belongs to the athlete, not entirely upon the coaches shoulders.

Do the Dixie players have the committment to take the program to the next level? Season has just started and time will tell...

IMO, there's a big difference with the running in practice, whether it's once a day or twice a day, and off-season conditioning done by the players, which I'm sure the Dixie boys are doing. The running (and hitting) done in practice puts you in 'football' shape. You can run sprints and a few miles every day without any issues, but when you get into a football situation with pads, it's a totally different type of 'condition'. And that 'condition' is what Dixie seems to lack at the beginning of every season.

Beechwood played a great game to still be in it in the fourth. Their conditioning was top notch. As usual ours was not. By the fourth quarter the Colonels ran out of gas.

Congratulations Beechwood! I'm sure you will have a great year.

You'll have to wait a while for anything more than that G, but if you call me I'll tell you all you want to hear.:D :laugh:

Maybe 2-a-days wouldn't be so bad after all. They do help with conditioning.

dewey47 give play calling a little credit, to put a ball in the air with little time left, against a defense that is pushing your cooked O line around, I repeat "BONEHEAD"

5 minutes and a three point lead I think it is reasonable to think a 3 year starter will make a smart play. I do not fault a coach for believing in his players.

I don't want to bash the QB he played well except for that 1 bad pass, and he will be fine this year. Beechwood took advantages of Dixie's mistake where Dixie did not do the same.

Good luck to both teams

I totally agree with you Silver. Check Clay Cecil from Highlands or 95% of the other kids on that team. I saw Clay out running at midnight during 2 a days, the kid just couldnt get enough conditioning in. At the end of the day its up to the kids but I still dont understand how Dixie loses so much early in the year and wasnt this supposed to be their year? Take nothing away from Beechwood because I predicted they would win, I am just surprised by Spritsky's inability to win the big game.

Maybe you guys should have played last night. With the breeze blowing it actually wasn't too uncomfortable last night . My son said he really wasn't too hot at all.

??? could have fooled me!! Your boy, #63, and #23 looked like they had "diamond club" seats on the water bench after every series....when #19 wasn't pouting there! (lol)

I still can't believe that the Dixie community puts up with the conditioning issues year after year...With all of the three year starters that Dixie has there is no way a 1A school should beat them...I guess Spritsky is ok with getting beat up at the beginning of the year....I personally don't get it.:confused: :confused:

How many times has your team beat Trinity??? As many times as Dixie has. Spritzky's thinking, and you should spell his name correctly as he and his brother were big parts of state champs for Highlands in the 80's, is to get his players peaking as the season moves on. Always has been, always will be. Dixie will be more than ok. Beechwood just got smoked by Boone in a scrimmage and Dixie just smoked NewCath. The game was at 8am. Beechwood could be the better team right now. Who knows, your are dealing with the psychie of 15-18 year olds. Spritzky is a very good coach and I have been very impressed by him.

How many times has your team beat Trinity??? As many times as Dixie has. Spritzky's thinking, and you should spell his name correctly as he and his brother were big parts of state champs for Highlands in the 80's, is to get his players peaking as the season moves on. Always has been, always will be. Dixie will be more than ok. Beechwood just got smoked by Boone in a scrimmage and Dixie just smoked NewCath. The game was at 8am. Beechwood could be the better team right now. Who knows, your are dealing with the psychie of 15-18 year olds. Spritzky is a very good coach and I have been very impressed by him.

The problem is they don't peak at the beginning of the year or at the end.....:rolleyes: They can keep doing what they're doing and keep the same result. I personally could care less....By the way I know all of the Spritzkys. :D Beechwood is a better team...:thumb: