Covington Holy Cross 13 North Laurel 10

Birdsfan

North missed too many opportunities. They drove down inside the 10 early in the first quarter and couldn't score. They got the safety and led 2-0 on a nice sack by (Miller I think). Then a NL punt went right off his upbacks helmet and Robert Walker from Cov Holy Cross took it back 40+ yards for a TD. It was a back and forth game and Holy Cross made the plays when they had to. Reardon (QB Holy Cross) is a very good QB.

The Jags have to find their identity on offense. The defense played a pretty solid game. But the O will improve.

I honestly thought Bradenburg should have gotten both offensive and defensive player of the game. Wardrup threw passes at the ground all night long with an interception that never should have been thrown and had one big run, that from the looks of it, got him offensive player of the game. Totally disagree with that call.

North's play calling was also questionable last night, they obviously have no trust in the passing game, which is understandable, but you gotta change it up a little bit. I believe they also are mis-using Ryan Setters..The kid is 5'6-5'7 at tops and they're trying to use him up the middle, if they let him get to the outside, he's the fastest kid on the team, he'll be gone. He did go untouched up the middle on the play that he scored the touchdown on but, every other play that night his longest run was 4 yards.

On a good note, besides for the one drive that the defense allowed Holy Cross to march down the field, they looked awesome. I can't wait to watch them all season if they're going to be that good.

I honestly thought Bradenburg should have gotten both offensive and defensive player of the game. Wardrup threw passes at the ground all night long with an interception that never should have been thrown and had one big run, that from the looks of it, got him offensive player of the game. Totally disagree with that call.

North's play calling was also questionable last night, they obviously have no trust in the passing game, which is understandable, but you gotta change it up a little bit. I believe they also are mis-using Ryan Setters..The kid is 5'6-5'7 at tops and they're trying to use him up the middle, if they let him get to the outside, he's the fastest kid on the team, he'll be gone. He did go untouched up the middle on the play that he scored the touchdown on but, every other play that night his longest run was 4 yards.

On a good note, besides for the one drive that the defense allowed Holy Cross to march down the field, they looked awesome. I can't wait to watch them all season if they're going to be that good.

Although Brandenburg did have a great game on both sides of the ball Wardrup did a very good job of keeping the offense moving up and down the field doing with what he was given. I dont believe the play calling for North Laurel was questionable either, they are a running team and the Jags top reciever is out right now due to injury fow a few more games. I was very impressed with Tyler Pennington last night making people miss in the return game and making solid tackles when they needed to be made. On the other side of the ball, CHC did a very good job on both sides and it seems to me that they will have a strong season. Good luck to both teams in the future!:thumb:

Totally agree with every word you said. NL's offense doesn't look so good. I have not agreed with NL's play calling for the past few years, everything is way too predictable!!! There is a lot of talent on this team, from the frosh to the seniors, regardless of what some people may say or think. Missing as many scoring opportunities as NL missed won't win them too many games. If not for their defense last night the score would have been 13 -- 0(safety, Josh Miller & interception, Ryan Brandenburg that he ran back forever to get them in scoring position) I think Josh Miller and Shawn Nelson looked absolutely awesome on defense, along with Brandenburg of course, along with the whole defensive unit, they played very well.

I am also excited about the rest of the season, just hope they fix the offensive glitches and the defense keeps laying the lumber to their opponents.