Corbin/Clay Scrimmage

I made the trip up to see the two QB's tonight and left a little disappointed...

Clay did not look like a very good football team...Maybe if they would have ran their offense and passed the ball like they can...People know they are going to throw it this year, why not tonight...

Corbin looked fine, solid on both sides of the ball...I thought the passing game was off a little, Cashen got picked and should have had another one...Maiden had one go off his hands...But hey it's early and there is still plenty of time to work those things out...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They ran the ball very effectively tonight- who was #8?

Ryan Fritts, he's a sophomore as is #42 Caleb Watkins. Both were pleasant surprises.

I look forward to seeing them when Nolan gets healthy and back on the line along with a healthy Campbell in the backfield.

I do not believe Clay showed their true game tonight, Clay is a team that throws the ball alot...and that is something they did not do tonight.. I just dont understand why you would go into a game and not come ready to play your best..

Maybe the coach was satisfied with the team's progress on the passing game and chose to focus on running the ball tonight. Maybe he didn't want to reveal much since the scrimmage was sure to be scouted since it was on a Friday. Either way, scrimmages count for squat--they are just tools to get ready for the season.

Dissapointed, but not surprised that Clay held it close to the vest tonight. However, I would think that the varsity, no matter how much the coaches try to tell them we are not trying to win, feel disappointed in the results. It gives me mixed feelings. I saw several coaching staffs there, so it is wise to not show everything, but I don't see, mentally, how the kids walk away feeling good about it.

Then again, Corbin looked good enough that it may not have mattered what Clay threw at them.

Also, I thought Cashen did a very good job. Yeah, he threw a few up for grabs, but it was a scrimmage. I have seen him play before and he has better decision making skills than that. I also saw him absolutely zip some balls in the flats that allowed #20, who looked like a good athlete as well, to make a play with.

Ryan Fritts, he's a sophomore as is #42 Caleb Watkins. Both were pleasant surprises.

I look forward to seeing them when Nolan gets healthy and back on the line along with a healthy Campbell in the backfield.

These 2 backs you mention seem to give Corbin some big play ability they didnt have last year.

Clay just looked overmatched from a physical standpoint, but I'm sure they will look better when they spread the field and let Lewis do his thing.

Did Nolan and Campbell play? Who are Corbin's LB's this year?

Did Nolan and Campbell play? Who are Corbin's LB's this year?

Nolan didn't dress, Campbell did but didn't play. I'd say they were just wanting to keep him healthy for next week.

I honestly can't remember who they had at LB. Sanders, Hamlin, and Madon possibly? Maybe Amburgey? True Redhound would be able to answer that one better than I could.

I'd have loved to get a good look at Clay Co, I heard that some key pleyers were out with the summer injury bug, and coach stepp refuses to show much in pre season, I don't even know why the guy scrimages. Anyone with half a brain knows he's gonna throw the ball.

Personally I think Clay will place third in their district this season behind Whitley and North Laurel.

Clay is a average team, both QB are good high school players, I don't think that they are any better than the Greer kid that played a Williamsburg. Greer was a good High school player and nothing else. Corbin is much better this year, but if we depend on Cashen arm to win big games wewill be disappointed. We must beable to run the ball, maybe get out some old film from the 70's and 80's. I thought our line looked much better, run behind them and let's win a state championship.