Unruly Boys or Sex Offenders?

cshs81

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they should not be doing that inappropriate stuff in school, but to call it "felony sex abuse", that is just not right for a 7th grader to be labeled as a sex abuser for the rest of his life, is it now?

I think the whole "charging minors as adults" thing has gotten way out of hand. What happened to using a little common sense?

When the party and their family, that you are dealing with have none, using common sense is a waste of your time and does nothing but enable the boys to feel that they "got by with it."

As a parent of a preteen, MS-aged girl, I have zero problem with a principal sending the message to the boys in his schools that you HAVE NO RIGHT to put your hands on any girls private areas. NONE! It will not be tolerated nor accepted.

There are a huge group of boys who feel it is their right to touch and feel and treat girls with zero amount of respect and they can get by with it. A few days of suspension means nothing to them.

And honestly, when it is argued that the school went overboard any lesson that these boys would learn has been lost as now "in their minds" it is the school who was wrong in handling it and not them.

I know I deal with these EXACT type of boys' mentality 188 days a school year and have to address this same type of issue all the time. They feel it is no big deal for them to "grab" a girl.

I agree that what they did was not right but Felony??? C'mon now, these are kids and I do not think that anything like a sex offense was intended at all. I wish the authorities would spend more time on trying to convict on more serious matters.

Punish the boys and make sure that that kind of act out of anyone will not be tolerated- absolutely, w/o a doubt.

Felony?/ That is just crazy.

JMO

I agree that what they did was not right but Felony??? C'mon now, these are kids and I do not think that anything like a sex offense was intended at all. I wish the authorities would spend more time on trying to convict on more serious matters.

Punish the boys and make sure that that kind of act out of anyone will not be tolerated- absolutely, w/o a doubt.

Felony?/ That is just crazy.

JMO

Please give me options for the school?

It seems other boys did it the previous year and got misdmeanors charges and it did not deter the next group of boys.

As a parent of a preteen girl I would expect the school to be stepping in to prevent my daughter from having this happen to her.

I am sure they have tried other inhouse methods of discipline and it did not stop. They tried misdmeanor charges last year and it did not stop.

It seems other boys did it the previous year and got misdmeanors charges and it did not deter the next group of boys.

As a parent of a preteen girl I would expect the school to be stepping in to prevent my daughter from having this happen to her.

I am sure they have tried other inhouse methods of discipline and it did not stop. They tried misdmeanor charges last year and it did not stop.

I do not know what options that they have tried or anything about it. I also cannot blame you one bit for feeling the way that you do. A felony just seemed a little extreme to me but that is an opinion. I am not in the position to make that call/judgement or know what has been going on in the past. Make sure that these boys have the "fear of God" put in them .....absolutley. I just don't think that it should be a felony. If I were closer to the paticular situation and/or history of problems I may feel different.:thumb:

I was not trying to put your opinion down at all.

Also it stated in an article that I read in a newspaper that girls were also doing this . It also states in that link that last years prosecution was undisclosed . Should have been publicized otherwise where is the deterrent factor in keeping it secret .

Also it stated in an article that I read in a newspaper that girls were also doing this . It also states in that link that last years prosecution was undisclosed . Should have been publicized otherwise where is the deterrent factor in keeping it secret .

While it may not have been publicized, I would bet my right big toe that it was known in the community and among the students. The kids who "feel they got by with it" will wear it like a badge of honor and let all know. And if they were sent off, their friends will be letting it known.

I do not know what options that they have tried or anything about it. I also cannot blame you one bit for feeling the way that you do. A felony just seemed a little extreme to me but that is an opinion. I am not in the position to make that call/judgement or know what has been going on in the past. Make sure that these boys have the "fear of God" put in them .....absolutley. I just don't think that it should be a felony. If I were closer to the paticular situation and/or history of problems I may feel different.:thumb:

I was not trying to put your opinion down at all.

Separation of church and state, you are not allowed to put the fear of God in them.:sssh: ;)

It is a very hard call and a very hard situation. State law REQUIRES that schools have an evirnoment that is SAFE for ALL STUDENTS. And we all know where sexual harrassment falls in being looked at by society.

Add in a growing problem of Internet harrassing going on, MAINLY between girls on girls, and there is a huge problem of harrassment in schools.

Now add in the fact that the school shootings seemed to have stemmed from kids getting bullied and feeling that schools did nothing to minimal to protect them.

And about monthly you will see a story somewhere about a teenager taking their life after feeling of despair from bullying and a feeling of nothing being done about it

And you are right there with the school between the rock and the hard place. It is a NO WIN situation.

While it may not have been publicized, I would bet my right big toe that it was known in the community and among the students. The kids who "feel they got by with it" will wear it like a badge of honor and let all know. And if they were sent off, their friends will be letting it known.

Separation of church and state, you are not allowed to put the fear of God in them.:sssh: ;)

It is a very hard call and a very hard situation. State law REQUIRES that schools have an evirnoment that is SAFE for ALL STUDENTS. And we all know where sexual harrassment falls in being looked at by society.

Add in a growing problem of Internet harrassing going on, MAINLY between girls on girls, and there is a huge problem of harrassment in schools.

Now add in the fact that the school shootings seemed to have stemmed from kids getting bullied and feeling that schools did nothing to minimal to protect them.

And about monthly you will see a story somewhere about a teenager taking their life after feeling of despair from bullying and a feeling of nothing being done about it

And you are right there with the school between the rock and the hard place. It is a NO WIN situation.

I agree :thumb: , it is a touchy (no pun intended) situation.

As for the part I highlighted coming into play there are ways to get around that law if you know what mean. :D :sssh:

Well, they should not be doing that inappropriate stuff in school, but to call it "felony sex abuse", that is just not right for a 7th grader to be labeled as a sex abuser for the rest of his life, is it now?

I think this is quite ridiculous in my opinion.

At that age, how else are you supposed to let a girl know you're interested?

All right, that was a joke, but still "felony sex abuse" for butt slapping??? You got to be kidding me!!!

This isn't an option for the school, but an option for the girls involved may be to induce a swift kick to the groin.:confused: