2007/2008 Bishop Brossart

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I was just wondering what this team is looking at this season. I know they graduated 6-8 seniors last year, and I know every year while other teams are rebuilding they reload. So, I was just wondering what everyone else has seem from them?

Originally Posted by Chosen1One

alright i was just wondering what this team is looking at this season i know they graduated 6-8 seniors last year and i know every year while other teams are rebuilding they reload so i was just wondering what everyone else has seem from them?

This will definitely be a rebuilding year as opposed to a reloading year.

I believe your post to be true, definitely a rebuilding year. However, their are plenty of potential GOOD players coming into the system. No whether they get them or not remains to be seen. St. Joe's (Cold Spring) has a real good core of big men, just hope some of them make Brossart their choice.

They lost 8 seniors which comprised their starters and top 3 reserves, so I have to agree that it would appear to be a rebuilding year, not a reloading one. Most small schools go through this phase, and the Mustangs happen to have been blessed with two of their more talented classes in the '05 and '07 bunches.

I suspect they will be a work in progress, and improve as the year goes on. The schedule remains about the same with the notable exception of opting out of the 5/3rd, to gain some experience playing at Deming, where the All "A" regionals will be played. They graduated three 6'5" seniors, so they'll be a little vertically challenged. I'd guess they will run a little more, and still play agressive "D".

They lost 8 seniors which comprised their starters and top 3 reserves, so I have to agree that it would appear to be a rebuilding year, not a reloading one. Most small schools go through this phase, and the Mustangs happen to have been blessed with two of their more talented classes in the '05 and '07 bunches.

I suspect they will be a work in progress, and improve as the year goes on. The schedule remains about the same with the notable exception of opting out of the 5/3rd, to gain some experience playing at Deming, where the All "A" regionals will be played. They graduated three 6'5" seniors, so they'll be a little vertically challenged. I'd guess they will run a little more, and still play agressive "D".

:thumb::D:thumb:Every year, no matter what!

I hear a couple of kids who played Freshmen and JV now don't even want to play now because of a coach

I've also heard they had a couple younger kids not coming back, but don't have your insight as to why?? Since most schools carry about 15 frosh and 15+ JV/Varsity players; I'd guess that most programs lose a few kids along the way for one reason or another, since I rarely see 30 Varsity players on a team?? Didn't Brossart's staff remain largely intact, except for Scott Code taking the head job at Campbell??

I hear a couple of kids who played Freshmen and JV now don't even want to play now because of a coach

Interesting, this coming from a NewCath fan.:rolleyes:

This happens with every high school team out there. Kids quit because the competition for playing time gets tougher and tougher every year. For instance, my freshman year there were 14 kids that made the freshman team. By the time I was a senior there were only 4 of us left.

Where did that come from???

Eleven sophomores could possibly be on the Mustangs JV/Varsity roster this year.

Our kids think Mike Code is AWESOME! - Their term!

Bob Rowe is in his 11th year of coaching the JVs, having won five of the past six district JV tournaments while preparing them for varsity competition, and Kevin Bundy, our first year varsity assistant is right out of the Mike Code mold.

Taking a shot at our coaching staff is totally unfounded.

Interesting, this coming from a NewCath fan.:rolleyes:

This happens with every high school team out there. Kids quit because the competition for playing time gets tougher and tougher every year. For instance, my freshman year there were 14 kids that made the freshman team. By the time I was a senior there were only 4 of us left.

Apparently a freshman/sophmore has never made the decision to not return to a sport, concentrate on another sport they may be better at, etc. the next year at NCC, I suppose??

Mustang, other than the addition of the experienced Bundy to replace S. Code, who moved on to a head coaching job; isn't the staff the same one that's had BB on a serious run the last several years?

Mustang, other than the addition of the experienced Bundy to replace S. Code, who moved on to a head coaching job; isn't the staff the same one that's had BB on a serious run the last several years?
Top to bottom!

Mike Code is in his fourth year as head coach, Bob Rowe is in his eleventh year as our JV coach, and Mike Schack is in his fourth year as our freshman coach. Assistant Kevin Bundy is in his first year, replacing Scott Code. Jeff Henry is in his third year as a volunteer "grad assistant," and Curtis Bezold is in his fourth year as assistant freshmen coach.