Danny Ainge may be the most incompetent general manager of all time.

I was a huge Celtic fan in the days of Bird, Parrish, McHale, White, Cowen, Havlichek, Russell, the list goes on and on. After the Celtics have sunk so far down I really don't watch the NBA much unless it is to watch a former U.K. Wildcat play or to root against and hate the Lakers :D .

I would love to see the Celtics return to being competative, that is probably what it would take for me to get into it again.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, I'll see the Celtics in the playoffs next season....Which is something that wouldn't happen if they had kept the pick and drafted Green.

I'd hope so, the Eastern Conference is putrid. I told you that they will be better next year, but this is a short term fix, a band aid. They saved 12 million by flip flopping contracts, but they won't use that 12 million until next year. The only way that this makes sense is if Allen is in the last year of his contract. The Celts traded away a very talented young player for an All-Star who is 33 and has two bad ankles. Short term fix.

I'd like to be a PG for Pierce and Allan.

A lot of people would. The Celts need a PG who can run the offense and put it in motion, Rondo needs to possess the ball to be effective. Dribble penetration is a great weapon, but when that is taken away you must improvise. Unless Rondo improved 10 fold last year, he's not the best in getting the offense running and rotating the ball.

Ray Allan has 2 years on his deal. After that He's a FA and Jefferson is a FA. The Ray Allan deal will not be renewed. In fact, I'd almost expect a trade if they don't make the playoffs next year. They dumped salary and got significantly better.

Danny Ainge is pretty bad in an NBA front office but is he worse than MJ? J-Rich trade made no sense! Let's not forget Kwame Brown...

I agree, without that trade, in about 2 years they would have ben a force in the East with Okafor, Morrison, May, Felton, Gerald Wallace, and Wright. With another lottery pick in 2008 of a big man, they would have a good team, but, Michael had to have so much pride not to wait to be good and make a bad trade.

I agree, without that trade, in about 2 years they would have ben a force in the East with Okafor, Morrison, May, Felton, Gerald Wallace, and Wright. With another lottery pick in 2008 of a big man, they would have a good team, but, Michael had to have so much pride not to wait to be good and make a bad trade.

Gerald Wallace is more than likely going to leave the team in free agency. Bringing in Richardson will fill this role and give them an upgrade from Wallace, IMO.

Ray Allen is good, but he's old. They just traded away the No. 5 pick, Wally, and West, who is a good bench player for a man whose best days are over. I'm more upset about losing the No. 5 b/c I believe that Green is a type of player that can truly stir the drink with his ability to draw attention dish, or take over. Ainge is worse than Isaiah. Why do all of my favorite teams go through these lulls where they settle in with these idiots pulling the strings. FIRE AINGE.

Allen just had one of his best years ever last year, so he still has some things left, and would have Pierce a guy who a threat to score with him. Plus as someone said it also frees up some money for next years free agents. I think it was a good trade for both teams...

Allen just had one of his best years ever last year, so he still has some things left, and would have Pierce a guy who a threat to score with him. Plus as someone said it also frees up some money for next years free agents. I think it was a good trade for both teams...

Allen played 55 games and had surgery on both ankles. He's 33. This whole trade depends on how he heels from the surgeries, though they sound minor. That's a gamble when you could have had Green.

Allen played 55 games and had surgery on both ankles. He's 33. This whole trade depends on how he heels from the surgeries, though they sound minor. That's a gamble when you could have had Green.

Green would not provide the Celtics the offensive punch that Allen does. That offense is something they desperately needed, and now they have it.

I think this trade is fine for the Celts. Rondo's numbers by minutes were ridiculous the second half of the season and that should carry over to this year. Now the Celts have a solid starting crew, and honestly Allen and Pierce's games compliment each other well. Pierce does well in the post, making moves and drawing the D and drawing fouls. Allen is great at spotting up and should do well cutting to the basket off Pierce's posts. There are solid back ups to these guys as well. Gerald Green and Tony Allen are there to spell them if the older guys need a break. I think this really helps balance the team better and gives them another good veteran presence. How can it be bad to get a perennial all-star?