Danny Ainge may be the most incompetent general manager of all time.

I think this trade is fine for the Celts. Rondo's numbers by minutes were ridiculous the second half of the season and that should carry over to this year. Now the Celts have a solid starting crew, and honestly Allen and Pierce's games compliment each other well. Pierce does well in the post, making moves and drawing the D and drawing fouls. Allen is great at spotting up and should do well cutting to the basket off Pierce's posts. There are solid back ups to these guys as well. Gerald Green and Tony Allen are there to spell them if the older guys need a break. I think this really helps balance the team better and gives them another good veteran presence. How can it be bad to get a perennial all-star?

If he is just coming off surgery on two bad ankles.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is 6'8 and can put the ball on the floor and has a nice jumper. I think he will be a good NBA player. But only time will tell.

That won't do any good without a decent big man to compliment him but I think he will be a solid NBA player.

I don't see them dealing Pierce now that they have Allen.

I know they won't but they should have when he has some value left. Pierce is good but he just isn't one of those guys that is good enough to have a team completely dependent on him being the main man.

I know they won't but they should have when he has some value left. Pierce is good but he just isn't one of those guys that is good enough to have a team completely dependent on him being the main man.

I think they should have drafted what they wanted and traded Pierce and go completely the youth route like Portland did. They could have kept Green or drafted Brandon Wright. Trade Pierce for a high draft pick or serviceable players. They are stuck in the middle with an aging Allen and Pierce.

The Celtics will contend next year for the finals and the year after will be even better because of all the money they freed up.

So you are saying they are as good as the Cavs, Heat, Pistons, and Bulls and can make it to finals.