Danny Ainge may be the most incompetent general manager of all time.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got rid of $26 million, I agree is nice. You take on $14 million and two bad ankles. Also, if you are relying on Rondo to run your offense, you are in trouble. Open floor, he's great...half court not so much. He is a great on the ball defender. Remember you are talking about to guys who were injured last year and are a little older to turn it back up. Next year they will be improved, but after that, I don't think that they will be.

They still have Telfair. That could be a pretty good 1-2 punch with Rondo and Telfair in a couple of years.

And I think that this is a good move for both teams. Seattle is looking to get younger, and they did, but I don't really understand taking on Wally's contract, unless Boston forced them to. Boston is looking to repair its image as the team that "tanks games to get the number 1 pick, then don't even get it." Ainge wants to win now, and this trade will help him do that to gain the trust of the fans again.

You're right, I'll see the Celtics in the playoffs next season....Which is something that wouldn't happen if they had kept the pick and drafted Green.

They will make the playoffs, show they actually have a legit core, and maybe lure one of the big free agents their way the following year!

They will make the playoffs, show they actually have a legit core, and maybe lure one of the big free agents their way the following year!

:thumb: Another thing to consider is that Pierce would have asked for a trade if they had sat tight on the pick....Best move for both the present and future for the Celtics IMO.

:thumb: Another thing to consider is that Pierce would have asked for a trade if they had sat tight on the pick....Best move for both the present and future for the Celtics IMO.

Exactly! This move makes Pierce happy and enters them into the free agency market for 08-09.

As a huge Boston fan, I love the move... Gives them another legit star and it was basically for Jeff Green.

I still don't like Danny Ainge, but I'm glad he made the necessary move to get another star in Boston. They already have young players, now they need some talent to guide them.

They should have dealt Pierce 2 years ago.

:thumb:

Allen is a good offensive player...........but pretty weak defensively. Boston may make the playoffs(unless they change the format that would allow more west teams in), but they will not be any kind of playoff threat for a long time until they make some front office and coaching changes.

Got rid of $26 million, I agree is nice. You take on $14 million and two bad ankles. Also, if you are relying on Rondo to run your offense, you are in trouble. Open floor, he's great...half court not so much. He is a great on the ball defender. Remember you are talking about to guys who were injured last year and are a little older to turn it back up. Next year they will be improved, but after that, I don't think that they will be.

I'd like to be a PG for Pierce and Allan.