IF you were the Cincinnati Reds Owner?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine, game ends and each player gets in his own car, goes his own way and don't speak again, until BP the next day.

This team is getting entirely too much scrutiny....They simply don't have the talent, to compete at the MLB level.

If I was the Owner, I would get a solid report on my farm teams and even visit first hand, to see what I have. Get rid of Krivsky, since he made a lot of the moves. Meet with Player Development personnel and Scouts, to see what our long term projections are, for the Minor League players.

Eliminate much of the over-priced players, via trades or package deals, if takers exist. Get PR to promote Griffey, Harang and Bailey, to help attendance. Find a leadoff batter; trade for pitching and if that didn't work, sell to someone else.

Honestly, I can't see them getting rid of Krivsky...that would be too much turnover.

However, if Walt Jocketty becomes available...sign me up.

That is unlikely, but the Reds do need some stability in the front office and Wayne needs another year or two...however, if this winter's pickups as a whole are like the past winter...then they have issues.

I honestly don't know where to start. This season is lost no matter what you do. I would fire Narron at season's end. As for now, I wouls shop E5 but it would have to be a very sweet deal before I would move him. I would keep Griffey, even though that would tie up a lot of $$$. I would spend more $$$ on some "good" free agents and not washed up has beens, (you have to spend money to make money). I would take a look at my own farm system, see what was there and build on it, evaluate my player development and scouting staff and get rid of the ones needed. This team needs a solid farm system. I would also shop Dunn and try to move him for some REAL pitching.

The bottom line is the Reds play in the MLB and are not a minor league team, they cannot compete in the bigs right now. Nothing is going to be a quick fix, nothing. There are way to many problems with this team for that.

I imagine, game ends and each player gets in his own car, goes his own way and don't speak again, until BP the next day.

This team is getting entirely too much scrutiny....They simply don't have the talent, to compete at the MLB level.

If I was the Owner, I would get a solid report on my farm teams and even visit first hand, to see what I have. Get rid of Krivsky, since he made a lot of the moves. Meet with Player Development personnel and Scouts, to see what our long term projections are, for the Minor League players.

Eliminate much of the over-priced players, via trades or package deals, if takers exist. Get PR to promote Griffey, Harang and Bailey, to help attendance. Find a leadoff batter; trade for pitching and if that didn't work, sell to someone else.

:thumb: All great points. You need to submit an application to the Reds. It would be great to have someone involved with the organization that understands baseball.

:thumb: All great points. You need to submit an application to the Reds. It would be great to have someone involved with the organization that understands baseball.

Absolutely! You need baseball people in baseball.:thumb I nominate STRIKE3 for GM! Can anyone second that motion?

I vote YES on STRIKE3

Guys I appreciate the compliment very much. I do know several Reds scouts and yes, I've stayed in a Holiday Inn Express....:D

I would rather own a club, than be the GM. The role is/would be, an extreme headache and worry. I have no desire to get additional ulcers and wouldn't want, to deal with agents or professional athletes, on a daily basis. Amateur sports, keep me content currently.

The Reds have several decisions to make and like GT once mentioned, it may very well be '09, before anything constructive will or can, get done. I hope that isn't the case but this current franchise, is not competitive with the talent and the foreseeable future, is not much better.

Absolutely! You need baseball people in baseball.:thumb I nominate STRIKE3 for GM! Can anyone second that motion?

I vote YES on STRIKE3

One problem: On principle, K3 would never sign a star free agent to a big $$ contract. He'd resign first.:laugh: