IF you were the Cincinnati Reds Owner?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I appreciate the compliment very much. I do know several Reds scouts and yes, I've stayed in a Holiday Inn Express....:D

I would rather own a club, than be the GM. The role is/would be, an extreme headache and worry. I have no desire to get additional ulcers and wouldn't want, to deal with agents or professional athletes, on a daily basis. Amateur sports, keep me content currently.

STRIKE, you meet every qualification, you have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and more importantly you have said that you are content with amateur sports, if you like amateur sports you would love the Reds :D .The one thing that may holds you back is that you know baseball :eek: , that is not common in the Cincy management at the present time.

Faster, 100 more hits per season, 150% upgrade defensively. Less power.

If you subscribe to the theory that all that matters is runs, there isn't a bit difference between the two. Stat geeks have come up with various "runs created" calculations recently. The one that is used on a site I read frequently is described as follows:

RC (Link)

Runs Created. Invented by Bill James, RC is a very good measure of the number of runs a batter truly contributed to his team’s offense. The basic formula for RC is OBP*TB, but it has evolved into over fourteen different versions. We use the most complicated version, which includes the impact of hitting well with runners in scoring position, and is adjusted for ballpark impact. RC/G refers to Runs Created Per Game, which Runs Created divided by the number of outs made by the batter, times 27.

With that said, Dunn and Ichiro had a .3 runs per game difference in 2006 which was not a banner year for Dunn.

Obviously, Ichiro kills Dunn defensively in every measure.

I just wonder what the difference would be with him in the lineup instead of Dunner just for kicks.

1. Less Power

2. Much better outfielder

3. Much better B.A.

4. Much better speed

Overall, no comparison, Ichiro is THAT much better than Dunn.