The beginning of the end of the Atlanta Braves as we know them?

nWo

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys, this is not the end of the Braves, that statement is a joke. So Smoltz and Chipper has some tension but really the way this club is playing emotions are bound to heat up. Chipper is not the problem on this team, it's Andruw Jones, he needs to go.

And Smoltz isn't really that justified in his argument. He got beat 5-0 by the Tigers in the series opener. If he says he's playing hurt then maybe that's the problem. Yes they are playing poorly but don't risk further injury if you're already hurt.

Everything will be fine in the Braves clubhouse, trust me. The Braves are a classy clubhouse and they'll work it out.

I remember the days on TBS in the late 80's, when there were less than 10,000 in the old Fulton County stadium. You were guaranteed to see some awful baseball, good times.

Course now we have a team on Fox Sports Ohio that does their best to replace that feeling. :lol:

Remember when the Reds used to own the Braves? Ahh good times:jump:

Ok guys, this is not the end of the Braves, that statement is a joke. So Smoltz and Chipper has some tension but really the way this club is playing emotions are bound to heat up. Chipper is not the problem on this team, it's Andruw Jones, he needs to go.

And Smoltz isn't really that justified in his argument. He got beat 5-0 by the Tigers in the series opener. If he says he's playing hurt then maybe that's the problem. Yes they are playing poorly but don't risk further injury if you're already hurt.

Everything will be fine in the Braves clubhouse, trust me. The Braves are a classy clubhouse and they'll work it out.

It wasn't a statement but what I call an attention headline. It is meant to get attention to the thread and get a dialog going about the topic.

It wasn't a statement but what I call an attention headline. It is meant to get attention to the thread and get a dialog going about the topic.

I get it, but it's a little far fetched imo. Could have been Chipper and Smoltz fued in Braves Clubhouse, or something. I get what you were aiming for I just didn't agree that this is probably the end of the Braves.

That dialogue is not going to be anything more than what you have seen thus far, i.e. "I love it", "Can't come soon enough", etc., all variations of "I Hate the Braves." Your original post and the ones by SvFan are the only ones about the Smoltz/Chipper Jones argument.

On topic, Smoltz is my favorite player in the majors, but this really needed to be kept within the clubhouse. You don't want to pressure a player who is legitimately hurt into playing, since that usually leads to them reinjuring themselves and being gone even longer. If John doesn't believe Chipper is hurt, he should keep it internal.

The beginning of the Braves end as we know them began last year when the Mets finally overtook them. The Braves as we know them will be all the way gone when Smoltz and the two Joneses are retired or on another team.

^ I agree, The dominant Braves were actually gone when Glavine and Maddux left but no other team was ready to challenge the Braves yet. The Braves are getting older and Chipper has had a bad string of injuries over the course of the last 4 seasons. It's not his fault and nothing he hasn't tried to prevent. No one said anything to Smoltz about hurting the team when he had Tommy John surgery. Chipper wants to be out there as bad as anyone,he and Smoltz are the leaders of this team and now is the time and need to show it!

If you are watching this game right now...it is a complete contrast to what Smoltz himself has said got the Braves to where they were in the '90's....no defense, average pitching...

4-0, men on 2nd and 3rd, 0 Outs, DETROIT up...now the bases are loaded.