Cov Cath 2007 Schedule

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about Col St. Charles but I do know CCH isn't one to play an out of state "dog". I think 6 wins would make for a very good season in ParkHills.

They say St. Charles is no good, but that's what they said about Watterson. :madman: :D

Is Wehry in the mix at QB (I think he was a junior last year)? Wasn't he the backup last year??

Yes technically there hasn't been a starting quarterback named so all 6 quarterbacks are still in the running. However IMO in the end it will be either Furnish or Isler.

There are a couple of quarterbacks who can both be successful at the varsity level with Isler and Furnish. Also there is a whole group of senior receivers who can step up and be big play makers. They've just been stuck behind top notch talent for two years.

As was mentioned before the area that is the biggest question mark is the line. With senior center Andy Schulte being the only returning starter on the O-line some younger guys like junior Seth Teppe will be thrown into starting roles without much experience. CovCath's success this season depends on their o-lines ability to step up.

One thing to remember, last year in these very same type of threads, everybody was worried about the (07) O-line. The skill positions were set with some outstanding players, but most everybody was concerned about how the (07) O-line would play. As most will agree, by the end of the season (all you have to do is look at the play of the O-line in the State Championship game vs. Bowling Green), the O-line dominated most teams that they came up against. The young men this year although green, will do just fine, support them, root them on, and they also will surprise you.....

My money is on Isler as the starting QB. He has the arm, the size, and most importantly the height to be able to look downfield over the "D" lineman. The Wehry kid is my second choice, as he is the kid with the big heart, who just gets the job done somehow, when it needs to get done.

I have heard of a practice game against Roger Bacon, but when will it be played? My guess is the crowd could be as large as a regular season game.

Aug 25, '07 Lasalle, OH - 2:45 PM

Sep 1, '07 Newport Central Catholic Covington Catholic - 1:00 PM

Sep 7, '07 Dixie Heights Dixie Heights - 7:00 PM

Sep 15, '07 Scott Covington Catholic - 1:00 PM

Sep 22, '07 Highlands Covington Catholic - 1:00 PM

Sep 29, '07 Beechwood Covington Catholic - 1:00 PM

Oct 12, '07 Cincinnati Elder, OH Cincinnati Elder, OH - 7:30 PM

Oct 19, '07 Holmes Holmes - 7:30 PM

Oct 26, '07 Columbus St. Charles, OH Columbus St. Charles, OH - 7:30 PM

Nov 2, '07 St. Xavier St. Xavier - 7:30 PM

Schedule and scores last updated at Jun 20, 2007 9:20am CDT

Wow, Lasalle, State champ NCC, Dixie, Highlands, Beechwood, Elder, St. Charles, St. X.......murderers row !!!!!

Any CCH fans want to comment on how they are going to handle this schedule?

That's a tough schedule, although as I stated in the past, I don't consider Beechwood and NCC to be a part of "murderers row". No disrespect to the fans of those programs (as I respect both programs a lot), but CovCath as a 4A school in size shouldn't be challenged by either of those two schools unless CovCath is really, really down. Dixie is going to be very good this year and may actually win the district. Elder is supposed to be better this year than last year. If that's true and if CovCath is weaker than last as some people (including some CovCath fans) believe, that could be a tough game, particularly at the Pit. Haven't heard much about how good the LaSalle team is going to be this year, but as a GCL South team, I'm sure they will be at worst, a pretty tough challenge for CovCath (or any N. Ky team for that matter). Don't know anything about St. Charles. And X, well, X is X. Playing them on the road in their new stadium is also going to be a challenge. Looks like definitely 4 high quality opponents in Dixie, Elder, LaSalle and X, and if St. Charles is good, could be a fifth high quality opponent. Oh, and I forgot the Highlands game:jump:.

L-neck, guess you did not hear Dale's quote recently. This Highlands team is supposed to be. "The Best Ever. They are just AWESOME." I would have to think HHS is the 5th quality opponenent on Cov Cath's 2007 schedule.

I was just looking over the schedule and comparing it to the NKU Fall Sports schedules and I think I'll be at the games on September 1 & 22.

I know I might catch some flack from hssb but hey what can I say....high school football at it's best with those rivalry games, I'll definitely be there. lol.

That's a tough schedule, although as I stated in the past, I don't consider Beechwood and NCC to be a part of "murderers row". No disrespect to the fans of those programs (as I respect both programs a lot), but CovCath as a 4A school in size shouldn't be challenged by either of those two schools unless CovCath is really, really down. Dixie is going to be very good this year and may actually win the district. Elder is supposed to be better this year than last year. If that's true and if CovCath is weaker than last as some people (including some CovCath fans) believe, that could be a tough game, particularly at the Pit. Haven't heard much about how good the LaSalle team is going to be this year, but as a GCL South team, I'm sure they will be at worst, a pretty tough challenge for CovCath (or any N. Ky team for that matter). Don't know anything about St. Charles. And X, well, X is X. Playing them on the road in their new stadium is also going to be a challenge. Looks like definitely 4 high quality opponents in Dixie, Elder, LaSalle and X, and if St. Charles is good, could be a fifth high quality opponent. Oh, and I forgot the Highlands game:jump:.

Maybe not murderers row but I dont think you can take anything away from Beechwood who has beaten the Colonels several times over the past 10 yrs and NCC who won the state championship and returns some very good players. They may not be GCL caliber but they are not Bracken Co. Sorry BC fans.

• 2 weeks later...

[QUOTE]My money is on Isler as the starting QB. He has the arm, the size, and most importantly the height to be able to look downfield over the "D" lineman. The Wehry kid is my second choice, as he is the kid with the big heart, who just gets the job done somehow, when it needs to get done.

The smart money should be on Furnish. He is the only player that will give this team a real chance of winning. Isler has very little pocket presence and no scrambling/running ability and no real experience. He will not be ready this year. Furnish is a composed athlete and leader with a good arm and excellent speed. He is really the only option. Wehry will be the best choice for backup.

Furnish has not been working out at qb so far. Although he has speed, he does not have the arm that Isler has. Isler has the size, a cannon for an arm and does have qb experience. If it were not for being injured last season, he would have been the varsity backup from what I have been told. Wehry is a great kid, but lacks the size.