Do you boo players or the coaching staffs

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I coach at Frankfort and we have a handful of parents who think it is their right to boo players and coaches. Coaches get paid, so that's no big deal, but booing palyers is another thing. What people don't realize is it only takes a few to make your entire fan base look bad. We've got several who's kids have graduated and they still come mainly to boo the coaching staff.

After being around FHS baseball this past spring I can see that.

Unfortunately, it is a sport at our school. Kids are booed, coaches are booed. My son has had things yelled at him from the stands and sidelines.

All classless cowards! If you are that unhappy, don't come 'cause you are a disgrace to the school and to the scholar athletes on the field.

... I feel much better now.

I'm sure glad mine went to Russell. I'm sorry but I really have never witnessed anyone booing a player or a coach and frankly it surprises me that it goes on. I would be afraid to boo a player. Who knows his dad might be sitting right next to you and then you get a knuckle sandwich in the parking lot. Now I've seen people say something like. "Come on Ivan that was a dumb call." I've seen fathers yell at there sons and say get you head in the game. Boo!!!! Never.

I would agree that these boo birds need to stay away.

I think adults really need to be careful when it comes to booing kids. Its okay on the college level and so on, but a high school kid should not be boo'd, except by other high school kids. Of course too often it turns into personal attacks. But most of the time it makes it more fun to just be at a game with a good rivalry.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see how people can boo H.S coaches or players. Not even college players.

I can see booing College coaches for the same reason you can boo pro players. And no you can't twist this around making it OK to boo H.S coaches because they still are teachers who coach, If they were 100% a coach then OK.

I guess I'm the only imperfect (or honest) one.

Calling everyone out, eh? :cool:

I can't lie... I have booed high school players before. Of course, I was in high school at the time and can't be held responsible for that... right?

All in all I'm not a big fan of boos at any level. It's not because I have a fundamental problem with it, I just think my face looks bizarre and my voice sounds strange when I do it. But I'm definitely not above an "Are we watching the same game here, ref?" or a "Coach! What are you doing?!"