Baseball trivia

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it's Biggio and I've never heard of Hugie Jennings. Baylor had it, like LRCW said, for a long time.

Who did Jennings play for?

He's a dead ball era player. I can't believe you hadn't heard of him Strike-3, he's in The Hall of Fame! I had only heard about him because I read an article about milestones that should be reached this year in a preseason preview. I looked it up and he does indeed still hold the record for career hit by pitches with 287, Biggio is poised to pass him at 283. Baylor is actually in 4th place with 267 behind Tommy Tucker with 272. Jennings played SS/1B with Louisville, Baltimore, Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Detroit from 1918.

He's a dead ball era player. I can't believe you hadn't heard of him Strike-3, he's in The Hall of Fame! I had only heard about him because I read an article about milestones that should be reached this year in a preseason preview. I looked it up and he does indeed still hold the record for career hit by pitches with 287, Biggio is poised to pass him at 283. Baylor is actually in 4th place with 267 behind Tommy Tucker with 272. Jennings played SS/1B with Louisville, Baltimore, Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Detroit from 1918.
I can honestly say, I've never heard of him.

I thought Biggio, had the record and Baylor, was in 2nd....Learn something new, when trying to learn something.....:thumb:

I can honestly say, I've never heard of him.

I thought Biggio, had the record and Baylor, was in 2nd....Learn something new, when trying to learn something.....:thumb:

I'm pretty sure that MLB recognizes Biggio as the modern day record holder. I've never heard of Jennings either.

I'm pretty sure that MLB recognizes Biggio as the modern day record holder. I've never heard of Jennings either.

http://baseball-almanac.com/hitting/hihbp1.shtml

Name Hit by Pitch Rank

Hughie Jennings 287 1

Craig Biggio 282 2

Tommy Tucker 272 3

Don Baylor 267 4

Ron Hunt 243 5

Dan McGann 230 6

Jason Kendall 209 7

Frank Robinson 198 8

Minnie Minoso 192 9

Jake Beckley 183 10