Baseball trivia

Reliever comes in, with his team leading and doesn't allow tie or his team to trail, then closer enters to get save or win.

He is credited, with a "hold"....as he did his task.

So a pitcher can come in with a 12 run lead, give up 10 runs and get the HOLD?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

B-I-N-G-O

and Bingo was his name O.

120 for Mr. Remlinger

Which former Red (at least in the Reds system) has the HIGHEST career fielding percentage for a catcher?

Billy Ray Cyrus:D , just kidding, I'll have to go with Dan Wilson

Looks like Strike3 has some serious competition in the baseball trivia.

Dan Wilson is the answer.

I think this one will be easy. Who holds the career record for wild pitches?

I don't know why you think it will be easy, but my guess would be Nolan Ryan, and if that's wrong, Randy Johnson.

I don't know why you think it will be easy, but my guess would be Nolan Ryan, and if that's wrong, Randy Johnson.

Your first answer is correctomundo. Funny, how the pitcher with 7 no-hitters and 12 one hitters also has the most wild pitches in his career. Probably something there, but I am not smart enough to know what it is.

Last ML to hit TWO inside-the-park-homers in the same game. Hint: Former member of the Minnesota Twins that won the World Series.

Your first answer is correctomundo. Funny, how the pitcher with 7 no-hitters and 12 one hitters also has the most wild pitches in his career. Probably some there, but I am not smart enough to know what it is.

Last ML to hit TWO inside-the-park-homers in the same game. Hint: Former member of the Minnesota Twins that won the World Series.

Dan "Man From" Gladden?

Your first answer is correctomundo. Funny, how the pitcher with 7 no-hitters and 12 one hitters also has the most wild pitches in his career. Probably some there, but I am not smart enough to know what it is.

It's called being effectively wild. :D

Nope. Infielder although he had three seasons playing CF for Twins.

My infielder guess would be Greg Gagne, but I certainly don't remember him playing CF for the Twinkies.