Needing a new coach at St. Patrick

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still in total complete shock at the decision of the St. Patrick administration.

Anyone have any idea of who they could be looking at?

An aggressive student campaign in that area could result in a very POWERFUL 10th region team. Drawing STUDENTS from across the river in Ohio, of course Mason County, Bracken County, Fleming County, Harrison County, Lewis County could be a very powerful team.

Great opportunity for a young and energetic coach that has the personality to draw students to the school.

Wouldn't hurt if they are Catholic.

BTW, in this cutthroat world of HS athletics where it is not about the kids and about programs that develop character but more important have to be a horse for a regional title, NOTHING SHOCKS ME ANYMORE.

Remember this is the same sport (HS GIRLS BASKETBALL) that saw the coach at Shelby County make the state tournament and then the superintendent or AD quoted in the paper when they fired him, saying they wanted to go a different direction. THEY JUST WENT TO THE SWEET 16 and THE AD WANTS TO GO A DIFFERENT DIRECTION.

Coach Ormes has given 10 very productive years as the head coach of the Lady Saints, there has been great times, and as every school at one time or the other suffers, some down times in seasons. There are so many things that involves in coaching that are ofton behind the scenes things that coaches do especially at small schools, just like in the article, taking players for tryouts at colleges. Coach Ormes had to get the gym ready for games, scoreboard, ect. He was even seen cleaning the gym after home games from time to time. He was instramental in the weight room addition equipment at St. Patrick. One thing for sure is that Coach Ormes loved coaching, loved his players, and we all know he loves the 10th Region. 146 wins, 10 years at the helm as a Head Coach, the guy at least deserved to go out the way he wanted, his terms.

Great coach. Took for the most part avg. to less than avg. talent, and made them competitive every year. Some years even top tier of region. Must have wanted someone who could recruit.

Why does someone all ways have to say something about recruiting when its about a private school. Would you say the same thing about a public school. Some schools dont the ruputation other private schools have.

Another CLASSLESS act by someone in power at St. Pat's. As we have seen way too often - parents (normally it's just a few) complain and threaten to take their kids out of the school unless there is a coaching change. Since St. Pat's (like other local catholic schools) are so afraid of losing any students, they take the gutless way out and actually allow THE PARENTS to control the program - bad way to run a program. You don't get any classier than Coach Ormes or anyone who gets more out of their players. I have the highest respect for him and NO respect for the gutless person who made the decision. And I thought in catholic schools there were supposed to be good christian people but I have I've found those in administration are nothing short of the opposite. Such a shame to allow someone like Coach Ormes to be let go in such a fashion. I hope more comes to light about this but normally those "in charge" keep their mouhs shut because they can't realisticly justify their decision. A bad sad day for St. Pat's. They just lost not only a quality coach but more importantly a quality person. I have NO respect for whomever made the decision. Like I said to start this thread - TOTALLY CLASSLESS!

Another CLASSLESS act by someone in power at St. Pat's. As we have seen way too often - parents (normally it's just a few) complain and threaten to take their kids out of the school unless there is a coaching change. Since St. Pat's (like other local catholic schools) are so afraid of losing any students, they take the gutless way out and actually allow THE PARENTS to control the program - bad way to run a program. You don't get any classier than Coach Ormes or anyone who gets more out of their players. I have the highest respect for him and NO respect for the gutless person who made the decision. And I thought in catholic schools there were supposed to be good christian people but I have I've found those in administration are nothing short of the opposite. Such a shame to allow someone like Coach Ormes to be let go in such a fashion. I hope more comes to light about this but normally those "in charge" keep their mouhs shut because they can't realisticly justify their decision. A bad sad day for St. Pat's. They just lost not only a quality coach but more importantly a quality person. I have NO respect for whomever made the decision. Like I said to start this thread - TOTALLY CLASSLESS!

Absoluetly 100% correct, its all about enrollment and the all mighty dollar. If this is true about parents threatning to pull their kids out because of who the coach is, the parents and kids have a lot to learn. For instance if kids have the ability to go to the next level to play college the parents won't run the college coach off. Why not learn to adapt to whoever the leader is when your young because later in life, you can't control that in the workforce as to who you work for or whether you like a boss or not. You suck it up and learn to like it or not get paid or in this case, the kids either play or they go and find something else to do. What kind of lesson are parents teaching kids today when they go and complain to the higher ups about who they would like to or not like to see in charge. Then tell the kids you won't play for such and such if he or she is the coach. Bad guidence if you ask me.

Absoluetly 100% correct, its all about enrollment and the all mighty dollar. If this is true about parents threatning to pull their kids out because of who the coach is, the parents and kids have a lot to learn. For instance if kids have the ability to go to the next level to play college the parents won't run the college coach off. Why not learn to adapt to whoever the leader is when your young because later in life, you can't control that in the workforce as to who you work for or whether you like a boss or not. You suck it up and learn to like it or not get paid or in this case, the kids either play or they go and find something else to do. What kind of lesson are parents teaching kids today when they go and complain to the higher ups about who they would like to or not like to see in charge. Then tell the kids you won't play for such and such if he or she is the coach. Bad guidence if you ask me.

You are right in that it is bad guidance but it happens all the time.

And the reasoning behind this is what? To get a female to coach girls basketball? And what coaching experience does this person have? I know nothing of this person but would be interested to know how they came to this decision. I smell a rat!