Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coach Cooper

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Coach Cooper

  1. Sumo....No Shannon Litton??
  2. Not sure. Most Ohio schools are limited by the 10 day rule, only 10 coaching days in the summer. Trying to get a practice or 2 in, then trying to schedule games is so difficult. I enjoyed it when I was at Ripley. we even played in a rotating summer league with Augusta, Bracken, and Deming. Rotated to each gym and played 2 games a night. It was great experience for my kids. Good luck to all teams this summer.
  3. Really surprised. I remember when we used to have Eastern Brown, Georgetown, North Adams, and other Ohio teams that would come play. I brought Ripley when I was there. It was always great to play a different style and different teams not normally on your schedule.
  4. per Danny Weddle on Twitter. Congrats to Desarae and the Lady Saints program. She is a an outstanding young lady, both on and off the court.
  5. I have no inside info, but would guess she stepped down on her own since her daughter just finished playing.
  6. Danny Weddle ‏ @DannyEWeddle St. Patrick girls' basketball coach Elaine Douglas has resigned after five seasons. She had a 78-58 record.
  7. So sorry to hear that. I just saw her and her mom about 3 weeks ago. I could see how excited she was for the upcoming season. Hopefully good news and a speedy recovery. Good kid from a great family that is true Deming.
  8. Thoughts and prayers from my family to theirs. God Bless.
  9. Congrats to the Lady Royals and their coaching staff. I had the pleasure of scrimmaging them in Nov, and could tell they were much improved. They are really aggressive on the defensive side of the ball. Good luck the rest of the season.
  10. Cincy online has Brossart 64-62 over Mason.
  11. Not only does Ohio not allow Middle School players to play up, they also limit they amount of quarters a child can play a night, as well as a season.
  12. Eastern Brown, OH. Played for Coach Kiser.
  13. First of all, you are not just replacing 3 seniors. Those 3 young ladies have been the face of Lady Royal bball the last 6 years. The program will be down, but lets not bury them yet. You have girls who are coming back that are talented, yes young, but talented. They have been part of a program that has won the district 6 years in a row, and been to 3 regional championship games. To the Seniors, congrats on great careers. you are wonderful young ladies who have a bright future ahead of you. To Coach Buser, thanks for allowing me to be part of your staff the first 4 years. i enjoyed the time there, and know how much you care about the girls and the program. Enjoy your time away form the gym.
  14. Congrats to Kenny Ray. You do so much for the school.
  15. I will agree. Coach Butler has done alot over the last few years, with very little. Most of the girls that Coach Butler has had to coach, are those that did not play at the Varisty or JV levels. He has done an outstanding job. I believe Coach Kelsch is ready for a coaching job as well. I believe given the right opportunity he can turn a program into a regional contender. There are ALOT of coaches that go unnoticed. Many of the coaches who give their time for weekend AAU tournaments and pee wee leagues are the ones who make Varsity head coaches lives so much easier.
  16. Congrats. Good player, better person. She will do well. She is a hard worker.
  17. Spoke with him. He has resigned form both teaching as well as coaching.
  18. And plays NO DEFENSE!!! Glad he can teach it, because he cannot play it;)
  19. Good coach. She will do well. Allison would have been an excellent choice as well.
  20. We can believe what we want, but Tubby left on his own. At least according to News reports.
  21. A school with a strong administration does not care. If I was 0-20 for 3 years in a row, they would not have to ask me to resign, I would be gone. AS long as the kids are treated well, and the program enjoys moderate success, most coaches can stay as long as they wish. Coach Ormes was doing a great job, at a program that many though of as a W on their schedule. My point was what is next? My son/daughter did not get a 4.0 in school, I want that teacher fired? If not I am taking my money and going else where. Last time I checked, St. Pat was not Lex Cath. Many parents send their kids to St. pat for an education bulit on religious beliefs. I know, I went there for 12 years. My problem is when inmates are running the asylum, or in this case parents that think their sons and daughters are allstars.
  22. As a graduate at St Pat, I had friends from Ripley, Aberdeen, Augusta, etc that I went to school with. That was great. I have no problem with parents sending their kids to St. Pat. Their is no violation in that. The problem I have is PARENTS, threatening to remove thier kids from the school, if a coaching change is not made. What is next, a teacher gives a student a C, is their parents going to remove thier child unless the teacher is fired? The administration at St. Pat has no backbone. They just opened a whole can of worms, that I do not believe they are ready for. As a coach, I do not do it for the parents, I do it because I enjoy it. The kids and parents have 2 choices, be part of the team, accept their role and play, or turn your uniform in and go home. AS for the JV team having a great year, that was at THE JV LEVEL. MY JV went 19-1, but would have gotten drilled by most Varsity Teams. For those who do not coach, and just sit in the stands, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JV AND VARSITY!!
  23. Truly sad. Caoch Ormes is one of the reasons I am the Head Coach at Ripley today. He put in a few good words for me, and I am truly greatful. The 10th Region will miss Coach Ormes.
  24. Bracken is also coming to my gym in June. Scrimmage with us, Deming, and St. Pat. Cannot wait to play in your alls gym as well. Should be fun. I have got to find out what I have this summer, replacing 4 starters!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.