Needing a new coach at St. Patrick

Received an email that I feel confident is accurate because it originates from Coach Orme.

It states below:

Coaches; As of 10:00 am today I am no longer the coach of St.Patricks girls basketball. I was called into the office and the principal told me that they wanted the girls to go in a different direction and the girls has changed alot now days and they were going to change coaches..... Thanks to each one of you for your support and your friendship. It's been a BLAST. I'll see you in a gym somewhere.

Coach Ormes.

I have taken some of the things out that was not appropriate to post on BGP.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! Unfortunate to say the least, thanks for the great memories Coach Ormes and the time that you gave me during interviews. You had a steller career and hope to see you around the 10th Region. You were always a class act.

Wow!!! Unfortunate to say the least, thanks for the great memories Coach Ormes and the time that you gave me during interviews. You had a steller career and hope to see you around the 10th Region. You were always a class act.

I concur. One of my good friends from coaching. Great man who did a lot for the girls' players from the 10th region off the floor.

The 10th Region Girls Coaching Association's President position has a kiss of death to it as the last two Presidents were let go by their school as they wanted to go in a different direction. :irked:

Received an email that I feel confident is accurate because it originates from Coach Orme.

It states below:

Coaches; As of 10:00 am today I am no longer the coach of St.Patricks girls basketball. I was called into the office and the principal told me that they wanted the girls to go in a different direction and the girls has changed alot now days and they were going to change coaches..... Thanks to each one of you for your support and your friendship. It's been a BLAST. I'll see you in a gym somewhere.

Coach Ormes.

I have taken some of the things out that was not appropriate to post on BGP.

Total lack of class on St. Pat's part. The athletic director wasn't even involved in the decision. To many parents running a great coach out of job. No Class!!!!

I concur. One of my good friends from coaching. Great man who did a lot for the girls' players from the 10th region off the floor.

The 10th Region Girls Coaching Association's President position has a kiss of death to it as the last two Presidents were let go by their school as they wanted to go in a different direction. :irked:

Actually the President is still at his school and stepped down himself to focus on other duties. I think he is still going to continue his job as President.

When we coached against him 2 years ago, our team was better athletically but lost because his girls had what ours lacked- heart. That was what always stood out to me about his girls was that. I hate that this happened to such a good guy. I hope that the administration gets what they want.

WOW! This is absolutely the biggest shock for me personally!

Class, Class, Class! That all I can say! I hope the folks that made this decision read this post and read it well. It was Jerry Ormes that gave respectability to the private schools in KY after all that we've seen in years past. He never complained about being a school that comprised of 70 kids. Not 70 girls folks that's 70 kids total! You tell me another with those types of resources that has had the success that he has had. Ask any coach in the 10th Region that has had to play his teams and they will tell you what they think of what he has been able to do with so little. You may think success only comes in wins vs loses but you will see as you become victim to what so many other private schools have become victim too and thats winning on the floor instead of winning in life.

I hope Coach Ormes falls back on his feet and continues to coach. I hope for it to be in the 10th Region but if not I wish him the best of luck wherever that may be. If he does get a chance to coach again I hope he gets an opportunity to play St. Pat just to show the parents or whomever had a hand in this mistake what a mistake it was. I could go on and on about this but I will refrain from saying anything else and let the proof be in the pudding.

Good Luck coach and I wish you the best trully. :ylsuper:

^ Agreed, Coach Ormes is one of the classiest coaches I've had the pleasure to deal with since I started my job here.

Win or lose, it didn't matter, Coach Ormes always was there after the game, ready to answer questions in a positive manner. He always gave credit to his players as well as to the other team, if it was a one-point win, 20-point win, or 20-point loss.

I can truly say I too was shocked to hear this today. One of my cohorts here, Chuck, had point-blank asked Coach Ormes if he was retiring after this past season (an annual rumor for at least the last two seasons, as the Lady Saints had graduated multiple seniors each year), and, straight from the horse's mouth, it was a firm no! Coach was excited about the future of Lady Saints basketball, and was looking forward to finishing out a few more classes.

In my "fact-based" job, I can't ever feel free enough to express my opinion, but I'll say it on here without hesitation -- this was not, in any way, the right way to do this to Coach Ormes. I felt terrible having to call him tonight (and for that matter, Lex Turner also), given the situation.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do Coach!

Here's a link to tomorrow's breaking news:

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2007/04/23/local_news/2658ormes.txt

Without a doubt, a classless act by the St. Patrick administration. Coach Ormes was an icon in 10th Region girls basketball. It is definately a travesty to girls basketball. It is sad that an administration treats someone as loyal as Coach Ormes the way they did today.

Can you believe the Athletic Director still hasnt been contacted regarding this situation???

You will be missed on the sidelines Coach Ormes.. Wish you and your family the best of luck

^ Agreed, Coach Ormes is one of the classiest coaches I've had the pleasure to deal with since I started my job here.

Win or lose, it didn't matter, Coach Ormes always was there after the game, ready to answer questions in a positive manner. He always gave credit to his players as well as to the other team, if it was a one-point win, 20-point win, or 20-point loss.

I can truly say I too was shocked to hear this today. One of my cohorts here, Chuck, had point-blank asked Coach Ormes if he was retiring after this past season (an annual rumor for at least the last two seasons, as the Lady Saints had graduated multiple seniors each year), and, straight from the horse's mouth, it was a firm no! Coach was excited about the future of Lady Saints basketball, and was looking forward to finishing out a few more classes.

In my "fact-based" job, I can't ever feel free enough to express my opinion, but I'll say it on here without hesitation -- this was not, in any way, the right way to do this to Coach Ormes. I felt terrible having to call him tonight (and for that matter, Lex Turner also), given the situation.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do Coach!

Here's a link to tomorrow's breaking news:

http://www.maysville-online.com/articles/2007/04/23/local_news/2658ormes.txt

Phraseology???? Typical Father Hinds!!! This has nothing to do with the principal or Lex Turner. This was Father Hinds call all the way. Some parents were threatening to leave woth their kids if he stayed. He has no class and he is making the school look bad.

Actually the President is still at his school and stepped down himself to focus on other duties. I think he is still going to continue his job as President.

You are correct. I thought Coach Ormes stepped up to that role from treasurer after Ray Kues moved on. Forgot that he kept on as treasurer and Coach Stewart took over as President.

Will be interesting to see if a non-10th region coach continues on as President or some of the "younger" coaches steps up to the plate and takes over the leadership of this group.

Time for them to take control of their region.