Needing a new coach at St. Patrick

Coach Ormes is a good friend of mine and after seeing the paper today about "No contract Extension" from mr. Father Hinds truly P'd me off. If you want to take a positive step at st. pat get rid of Hinds....He has nothing but bad things to say about other programs and feels that St. Patrick never does a thing wrong it is always the other guys fault. Coach Ormes deserved that job even if he went 0-25 last season he is a great guy and deserves all the respect in the world for what he did at that school. Averaging 14 wins a season at a class a school with very few girls is PHENOMENAL. It is just to bad that SOME people downtown Maysville do not know enough about basketball to realize that. COACH YOU ARE STILL THE MAN AND WE'LL JUST FIND NEW SEATS AT STATE!!!!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaine Douglas has always been around coaching she has coached in middle school for awhile, and they were the same girls who are in high school now. The high schoolers love and admire her and she has had great success in coaching. She would make a great successor.

A successor is some one who follows another coach after they retire or leave on their own accord. When you are part of the reason why he is leaving, that doesn't make you a successor, it makes you a loser. Those girls should be ashamed of speaking out against him. Douglas may have brief success as coach at St. Pat., but what happens when her daughter graduates?

What other school districts kids have st. pat taken? none.

I believe if you check each class rosters you'll find your answer. Not to mention his visits to Augusta and trips across the river getting players, not students to come there. The fact that there are kids playing sports and are not even living in Kentucky, should be a KHSAA violation.

Coach Ormes is a good friend of mine and after seeing the paper today about "No contract Extension" from mr. Father Hinds truly P'd me off. If you want to take a positive step at st. pat get rid of Hinds....He has nothing but bad things to say about other programs and feels that St. Patrick never does a thing wrong it is always the other guys fault. Coach Ormes deserved that job even if he went 0-25 last season he is a great guy and deserves all the respect in the world for what he did at that school. Averaging 14 wins a season at a class a school with very few girls is PHENOMENAL. It is just to bad that SOME people downtown Maysville do not know enough about basketball to realize that. COACH YOU ARE STILL THE MAN AND WE'LL JUST FIND NEW SEATS AT STATE!!!!!

Well said!!

I believe if you check each class rosters you'll find your answer. Not to mention his visits to Augusta and trips across the river getting players, not students to come there. The fact that there are kids playing sports and are not even living in Kentucky, should be a KHSAA violation.

I dont need to check each class roster. I know ever kid in the school. the kids that came from ohio went to st. michaels and. there is not a catholic high school anywhere close. and plus they get some of their tuition payed for by the woman that left all the money to st. michaels when she died.

I dont need to check each class roster. I know ever kid in the school. the kids that came from ohio went to st. michaels and. there is not a catholic high school anywhere close. and plus they get some of their tuition payed for by the woman that left all the money to st. michaels when she died.

Ask St. Pat about bringing a bus to Augusta next year?

Ask St. Pat about bringing a bus to Augusta next year?

St. Pat is bringing a bus :fire: to Augusta. For "High School students who want to go to a Catholic High School." I believe that that is NONSENSE. He is it trying to take players from other school systems IMO he is trying to bring all he can to St. Pats that is what he is trying to do, make it bigger and improve the athletics to take on bigger schools.

He does visit Augusta and luckily I have never seen him, the Administration needs to be checked there and see if there is anything wrong with the checks and balances, because I think he has a little to much power.

Does anyone have a KHSAA handbook around, check and see if what St. Pat is in any violation of the law?

This does not supprise me one bit. I have figure out that is what St. Pat may be trying to do. It is obivous what they want!

As for a chance at the Regional title that does not suprise me one bit.

Let me clarify that I AM NOT SAYING this is what St. Pat is looking to do.

It is my opinion of the opportunity that St. Pat COULD have if they choose that route.

I do not need to check each class rosters. I know everyone in the school. I believe if you checked the kids he got from ohio went to st. michaels which only goes till the 8th grade. If you are going to say we are recruiting them for offering them to continue their catholic education than my bad. The reason the also came is because saint michaels continues to pay some of their tuition to continue the catholic education. Who has st.pat got from augusta? None that i can think of.

St. Pat is bringing a bus :fire: to Augusta. For "High School students who want to go to a Catholic High School." I believe that that is NONSENSE. He is it trying to take players from other school systems IMO he is trying to bring all he can to St. Pats that is what he is trying to do, make it bigger and improve the athletics to take on bigger schools.

He does visit Augusta and luckily I have never seen him, the Administration needs to be checked there and see if there is anything wrong with the checks and balances, because I think he has a little to much power.

Does anyone have a KHSAA handbook around, check and see if what St. Pat is in any violation of the law?

Providing transportation for students that want to attend your school should not be a violation. If you have students that want to attend your school and cannot provide transportation for themselves, I have NO PROBLEM with you doing it.

If I oversaw St. Pat, I would do the same thing.

I have long said and kidded with my friends that we should start a private Christian school in the middle of the grouping of Mason, Harrison, Pendleton, Roberston, Bracken, Nicholas and Fleming and we could win a regional title in 5-7 years.