Needing a new coach at St. Patrick

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elaine Douglas has always been around coaching she has coached in middle school for awhile, and they were the same girls who are in high school now. The high schoolers love and admire her and she has had great success in coaching. She would make a great successor.

I have watched basketball for about 10 years now faithfully. I have seen Coach Douglas in action and yes her teams have always been successful. Her girls work hard for her, but I have noticed that she isn't always the classiest of people. I have witnessed her running in scores on less talented teams and have heard her talk rudley to other coaches.

If you are basing her hire on her success at the middle school program then it is a good hire.

I dont give a hoot how good their kid is going to be, you dont fire a quality character coach because some parents threaten. That is the same thing that I have seen so much of this year. AD's, Sup's, Princ.'s get some backbone about you all. You dont go fire coaches because some parents dont like who is sititng in the chair. It's just wrong.

Ormes told me some stuff that happened during the region tournament this year, and he handled it the right way and some kids had to ride some pine over it but he handled it the right way. There is a lot to say for a man who will not sacrafice his principles for wins. Jerry, I hope you are on a beach somewhere drinking a Lemonade!! (or something like that).

Another CLASSLESS act by someone in power at St. Pat's. As we have seen way too often - parents (normally it's just a few) complain and threaten to take their kids out of the school unless there is a coaching change. Since St. Pat's (like other local catholic schools) are so afraid of losing any students, they take the gutless way out and actually allow THE PARENTS to control the program - bad way to run a program. You don't get any classier than Coach Ormes or anyone who gets more out of their players. I have the highest respect for him and NO respect for the gutless person who made the decision. And I thought in catholic schools there were supposed to be good christian people but I have I've found those in administration are nothing short of the opposite. Such a shame to allow someone like Coach Ormes to be let go in such a fashion. I hope more comes to light about this but normally those "in charge" keep their mouhs shut because they can't realisticly justify their decision. A bad sad day for St. Pat's. They just lost not only a quality coach but more importantly a quality person. I have NO respect for whomever made the decision. Like I said to start this thread - TOTALLY CLASSLESS!

Bravo to you for saying what I couldn't!

I have no idea what in the world the Principal and Father who ever he is. Know about basketball, I guarantee you Mr Ormes knows more than both will ever know, Just because a few parents get mad and dont like it because my Little Shelly got yelled at or what ever, I can tell you Ms. Douglas will not winthe amount of games close to Ormes, That is unless she waters down the schedule. And why wasnt the Athletic director contacted, This is what is wrong with the world, to many people run a show, I would saw get rid of the Principal and the father, JMO... Mr Ormes hold you head up high, because you did nothing wrong and Mr Hinson Please dont holler at little johnny , you might be next

An aggressive student campaign in that area could result in a very POWERFUL 10th region team. Drawing STUDENTS from across the river in Ohio, of course Mason County, Bracken County, Fleming County, Harrison County, Lewis County could be a very powerful team.

Great opportunity for a young and energetic coach that has the personality to draw students to the school.

Wouldn't hurt if they are Catholic.

BTW, in this cutthroat world of HS athletics where it is not about the kids and about programs that develop character but more important have to be a horse for a regional title, NOTHING SHOCKS ME ANYMORE.

Remember this is the same sport (HS GIRLS BASKETBALL) that saw the coach at Shelby County make the state tournament and then the superintendent or AD quoted in the paper when they fired him, saying they wanted to go a different direction. THEY JUST WENT TO THE SWEET 16 and THE AD WANTS TO GO A DIFFERENT DIRECTION.

This does not supprise me one bit. I have figure out that is what St. Pat may be trying to do. It is obivous what they want!

As for a chance at the Regional title that does not suprise me one bit.

I have no idea what in the world the Principal and Father who ever he is. Know about basketball, I guarantee you Mr Ormes knows more than both will ever know, Just because a few parents get mad and dont like it because my Little Shelly got yelled at or what ever, I can tell you Ms. Douglas will not winthe amount of games close to Ormes, That is unless she waters down the schedule. And why wasnt the Athletic director contacted, This is what is wrong with the world, to many people run a show, I would saw get rid of the Principal and the father, JMO... Mr Ormes hold you head up high, because you did nothing wrong and Mr Hinson Please dont holler at little johnny , you might be next

Sounds like Mr Hinson might have to put on a muzzle, If you are not allowed to holler or make a child do the punishment. I dont know why they would consider The Douglas lady over Orme. She lives in Bracken County. I guess she thinks she will be the next Mickie Demoss at St. Patrick.. I think class should be considered in a new coach, Not just because she has a daughter that might be a little better than average, But Im not sure that is the case.. It looks like politics has struck in Maysville at St Patrick High

Phraseology???? Typical Father Hinds!!! This has nothing to do with the principal or Lex Turner. This was Father Hinds call all the way. Some parents were threatening to leave woth their kids if he stayed. He has no class and he is making the school look bad.

Agree with you, there Panther. All he wants is a powerhouse and that is all his mind is set on. He wants to try to take out the competition of other schools by taking other school district's kids. Father Hinds if full of NONSENSE!!!! He calls it his way, he can get rid of whoever he wants. Can I say DICTATOR?

Coach Ormes has done a great job with the program and he did not deserved to be dropped on the side of the road once the program that he brought up to be a good contender in the 10th.

Agree with you, there Panther. All he wants is a powerhouse and that is all his mind is set on. He wants to try to take out the competition of other schools by taking other school district's kids. Father Hinds if full of NONSENSE!!!! He calls it his way, he can get rid of whoever he wants. Can I say DICTATOR?

Coach Ormes has done a great job with the program and he did not deserved to be dropped on the side of the road once the program that he brought up to be a good contender in the 10th.

Just dumped him like you would a little puppy that you didnt want to the side of the road, And didnt even give it no warning Sad Sad Sad