Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your school's Mount Rushmore

Featured Replies

I was thinking of starting this one on Friday, and seeing @Indiana Patrick's similar thread got me to finally to it.

 

While I know it's very hard to pick just 4, let's give it a try.

 

Newport Catholic

 

Carl Foster '64 - for the longest time the schools All-Time leading scorer and teacher/principal at NewCath for close to 40 years.

Dave Cowens '66 - NBA Hall of Famer, need I say more.

Jimmy Pangallo '84 - 4 year varsity stater, and long time coach at NewCath.

John Brannen '92 - 15 year college asst. coach, now NKU Head Coach

  • Replies 246
  • Views 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason County

 

Chris Lofton

Darius Miller

Deron Feldhaus

Ronnie Lyons

Hard to imagine too many better than Weyer was for them this yr. Took them to the final 4 and just about the most impressive player @ the sweet 16. Pretty sure u know NCC better than any of us tho. Im too young to remember any of the guys u mentioned.

I was thinking of starting this one on Friday, and seeing @Indiana Patrick's similar thread got me to finally to it.

 

While I know it's very hard to pick just 4, let's give it a try.

 

Newport Catholic

 

Carl Foster '64 - for the longest time the schools All-Time leading scorer and teacher/principal at NewCath for close to 40 years.

Dave Cowens '66 - NBA Hall of Famer, need I say more.

Jimmy Pangallo '84 - 4 year varsity stater, and long time coach at NewCath.

John Brannen '92 - 15 year college asst. coach, now NKU Head Coach

 

I think I would have to go with Ron Dawn (dad) over Pangallo.

If Brooksville is included with Bracken County:

 

Warren Cooper

Marvin Cooper

Austin Crawford

Eddie Hopkins

  • Author
Hard to imagine too many better than Weyer was for them this yr. Took them to the final 4 and just about the most impressive player @ the sweet 16. Pretty sure u know NCC better than any of us tho. Im too young to remember any of the guys u mentioned.

 

I think I would have to go with Ron Dawn (dad) over Pangallo.

 

Like I said, picking just 4 players is VERY tough. The reason I picked these 4 was for not only for what they did in high school, but what they also did after (college, pro's, for their alma mater, etc....)

 

Both Ron Dawn senior and junior could be one this list, as well as, Ben Weyer, Drew McDonald and his grandfather, Tom Freppon Sr, a "boatload" of other Pangallo's, Rick Batsche.

Will name 4 Holmes players that I have personally watched.

 

Dickie Beal..Played at UK and a state runner up team.

Doug Schloemer...Mr. Basketball and UC player and state runner up.

Jack Jennings....State runner up, went on to play at Western Ky I believe and pro ball over seas.

Elija Pitman... This one gets very hard to pick, Ricardo Johnson was also very good.

Pitman played on the state championship team and played at Marshall.

 

We can go back a few years and add so many more.

West Carter/Olive Hill:

 

Boys

Bert Greene

Coach Jack Fultz

Casey Lowe

Jeremy Webb

 

 

Girls:

Coach Hop Brown

Megan Gearhart

Kandi Brown

Marla Gearhart.

Mason County Girls:

 

Coach Bob Hutchison

DeSarae Chambers

Lisa Doyle

Angie Garrett

 

Honable Mention: Lacey Cline, LaVerne Bluford, Tracy Perry

Will name 4 Holmes players that I have personally watched.

 

Dickie Beal..Played at UK and a state runner up team.

Doug Schloemer...Mr. Basketball and UC player and state runner up.

Jack Jennings....State runner up, went on to play at Western Ky I believe and pro ball over seas.

Elija Pitman... This one gets very hard to pick, Ricardo Johnson was also very good.

Pitman played on the state championship team and played at Marshall.

 

We can go back a few years and add so many more.

 

In 1988 he led them to the quarterfinals. He averaged 40 points, 12 rebounds in their two games. Losing by 10 to eventual State Champ, Ballard.

 

The 90 team lost in the finals to Fairdale. Anthony Campbell was 1-14, finishing with three points.

Like I said, picking just 4 players is VERY tough. The reason I picked these 4 was for not only for what they did in high school, but what they also did after (college, pro's, for their alma mater, etc....)

 

Both Ron Dawn senior and junior could be one this list, as well as, Ben Weyer, Drew McDonald and his grandfather, Tom Freppon Sr, a "boatload" of other Pangallo's, Rick Batsche.

 

Rick Batsche is a must on the list.

My list for Owsley County:

 

Paul Smith '62

Jeff "Moose" Moore '90

Jerry McIntosh '80

Mike Turner '83

Mason County

 

Chris Lofton

Darius Miller

Deron Feldhaus

Ronnie Lyons

 

I think I'd find a way to get Coach Feldhaus on there for Mason County.

Mason County Girls:

 

Coach Bob Hutchison

DeSarae Chambers

Lisa Doyle

Angie Garrett

 

Honable Mention: Lacey Cline, LaVerne Bluford, Tracy Perry

Never thought to put coaches

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.