Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your school's Mount Rushmore

Featured Replies

For Covington Catholic, in my opinion, three are really easy...the 4th is a bit of a tug-of-war.

 

Nick Ruthsatz

Roger Tieman

Andy Listerman

 

I think all 3 of them have to be on there.

 

The 4th could be CVH, it could be Kevin Listerman, it could be Jake Thelen, it could be Chris Walker. I could make a case for any of those 4, but none of them knock off one of the 1st three I listed (in my opinion). Heck, if you want to include all facets of a person's involvement in the program, then I'd think about including Dan Tieman.

 

Joe Voskul or John Von Lehman? Randy Noll?

 

Mote Hills for sure.

  • Replies 246
  • Views 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Voskul or John Von Lehman? Randy Noll?

 

Mote Hills for sure.

 

Considered John VonLehman, but not sure he'd pass the ones I mentioned. Mote would deserve special mention, to be sure. Don't know what your quantitative story would be to put Joe or Randy on there, unless it is just quality of team. Heck, Little Jimmy Cooper was a heckuva player too, but there have just been dudes with better careers in the nearly 50 years since.

For Covington Catholic, in my opinion, three are really easy...the 4th is a bit of a tug-of-war.

 

Nick Ruthsatz

Roger Tieman

Andy Listerman

 

I think all 3 of them have to be on there.

 

The 4th could be CVH, it could be Kevin Listerman, it could be Jake Thelen, it could be Chris Walker. I could make a case for any of those 4, but none of them knock off one of the 1st three I listed (in my opinion). Heck, if you want to include all facets of a person's involvement in the program, then I'd think about including Dan Tieman.

 

No Richard Derkson in the top 4? How?

For Covington Catholic, in my opinion, three are really easy...the 4th is a bit of a tug-of-war.

 

Nick Ruthsatz

Roger Tieman

Andy Listerman

 

I think all 3 of them have to be on there.

 

The 4th could be CVH, it could be Kevin Listerman, it could be Jake Thelen, it could be Chris Walker. I could make a case for any of those 4, but none of them knock off one of the 1st three I listed (in my opinion). Heck, if you want to include all facets of a person's involvement in the program, then I'd think about including Dan Tieman.

 

No Don Turney? He played D-1 basketball and was a dominant big man in the 9th Region. What about Steve Berling?

Considered John VonLehman, but not sure he'd pass the ones I mentioned. Mote would deserve special mention, to be sure. Don't know what your quantitative story would be to put Joe or Randy on there, unless it is just quality of team. Heck, Little Jimmy Cooper was a heckuva player too, but there have just been dudes with better careers in the nearly 50 years since.

 

Certainly lots of prospects.

No Richard Derkson in the top 4? How?

Because I wasn't alive for most of his career? Because I've never heard his name until this thread? Because in the 45 years since he graduated a lot of good dudes have come along? Because I spent about 3 minutes thinking about it before I posted my reply to the thread topic? I've only been going to games there for 33 years, so my experience is pretty narrow, but again, I've never anyone utter his name until you posted that at 4:48 PM. I could just be wildly wrong and he is a no-doubt Top 4 guy, but if that is the case, you can color me surprised.

No Don Turney? He played D-1 basketball and was a dominant big man in the 9th Region. What about Steve Berling?

 

Thor, the school has produced a LOT of great players in 50 years, pick your 4. Who in my Top 3 are you replacing for Don or Steve? I like Steve and the Berling family, wouldn't even consider him above the 3 I listed...nor honestly over the others either.

Because I wasn't alive for most of his career? Because I've never heard his name until this thread? Because in the 45 years since he graduated a lot of good dudes have come along? Because I spent about 3 minutes thinking about it before I posted my reply to the thread topic? I've only been going to games there for 33 years, so my experience is pretty narrow, but again, I've never anyone utter his name until you posted that at 4:48 PM. I could just be wildly wrong and he is a no-doubt Top 4 guy, but if that is the case, you can color me surprised.

 

Wow, defensive reply. Derkson was a great CovCath player and a charter member of NKU's Hall of Fame. Was NKU's all-time leading scorer, Mote Hils said he was best player he coached at CovCath.

Thor, the school has produced a LOT of great players in 50 years, pick your 4. Who in my Top 3 are you replacing for Don or Steve? I like Steve and the Berling family, wouldn't even consider him above the 3 I listed...nor honestly over the others either.

 

Derkson should be No. 1. Turney was much better than either Listerman, he played at Marshall.

Wow, defensive reply. Derkson was a great CovCath player and a charter member of NKU's Hall of Fame. Was NKU's all-time leading scorer, Mote Hils said he was best player he coached at CovCath.

 

I'm not defensive at all, I gave you a very honest reply(ies) to your question "No Richard Derkson? How?" Why would I be defensive? Again, the mountain gets 4...if he is on yours, awesome. The school has produced a ton of good players, and very few "GREAT" ones. Makes it a bit of a challenge. Appreciate Mote's passion for him, but again, in 45 years, others have produced better careers (in my opinion). Didn't mean to come off the least bit defensive, was trying to find a line between honest and funny. Sorry I missed the mark.

Derkson should be No. 1. Turney was much better than either Listerman, he played at Marshall.

 

Okay, I'm not arguing. One Listerman was the all-time leading scorer for a long time, the other (that I'm no fan of) is the all-time leader in Steals and Assists...pretty solid.

 

Brennan Votel went to Penn, and as much as I like him as a guy, he wouldn't even be in the conversation about the conversation.

Pretty solid group. Trying to justify taking Stowers off but just don't know who I'd put in his spot.

 

I'm really too young to go back prior to the early 80s. With that being said it would be hard to replace Stowers.

I'm really too young to go back prior to the early 80s. With that being said it would be hard to replace Stowers.

 

Big Dave Dixon (6-7, 240 pounds) from the 1981 state champ SK team, or Jeff Krohman might be up there. Billy Meier another name from the 81 state champs.

Conner High School:

 

Bill Warfield - started the program

 

Tony Faehr - 9th Region POY in about '74 or '75

 

Ralph Parton - played at UTennessee (my basketball hero)

 

Scott Thomas - 9th Region POY '82

 

I would add Tony Wagner, was 9th POY in 90/91, should have started as a junior. I would think you have to add Troy Fryman too with the shot that took Conner to state that year, no less on their home court.

I would add Tony Wagner, was 9th POY in 90/91, should have started as a junior. I would think you have to add Troy Fryman too with the shot that took Conner to state that year, no less on their home court.

 

Wagner was very good. Didn't play much varsity as a Jr. if memory serves me correct. Warfield had nice group of players but Wagner and Larry Scott were too good to ride the pine.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.