Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your school's Mount Rushmore

Featured Replies

The challenge of comparing players in different eras.

 

At last glance, Ruthsatz is a bench sitter for Findlay. Heard more than one person say he was a better fit at Thomas More, not D-2. Looks like he should have stayed close to home and played for the Saints in D-3. Derkson much better player, IMO.

  • Replies 246
  • Views 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last glance, Ruthsatz is a bench sitter for Findlay. Heard more than one person say he was a better fit at Thomas More, not D-2. Looks like he should have stayed close to home and played for the Saints in D-3. Derkson much better player, IMO.

 

You need better sources or to figure out how Google works.

 

He plays a lot for a pretty strong D2 team. Playing about 15 minutes per game on a team that plays at a much higher level than NKU did in 1971.

You need better sources or to figure out how Google works.

 

He started about 10 games last year and played about 18 to 20 minutes per game.

 

He's playing at a much higher level than NKU was in 1971.

 

He started one game and averaged 3.8 points against bad competition. Derkson played against much better comp than Findlay. Derkson had to go against UT Chattanooga, Tennessee State, New Orleans, etc. You should really check your Google and get your eyes checked.

You need better sources or to figure out how Google works.

 

He plays a lot for a pretty strong D2 team. Playing about 15 minutes per game on a team that plays at a much higher level than NKU did in 1971.

 

I know Derkson really well and sent him a text with your comments about "plays at a much higher level than NKU did in 1971." His response was priceless. But now I understand why you don't want him on the Mount Rushmore of CovCath.

About 15th or 16th on the all-time scoring list.

 

Everyone will have their own criteria for putting someone on the list, so that's why I said IMO.

You need better sources or to figure out how Google works.

 

He plays a lot for a pretty strong D2 team. Playing about 15 minutes per game on a team that plays at a much higher level than NKU did in 1971.

 

I see you edited out "he started about 10 games last year" after you found out you were wrong. Nothing like eating crow, eh? I bet my good friend the @BOKC Wildcat would love this!

CovCath has a long and storied basketball program and it's tough for me to argue anything prior to '75.

 

However Nick Ruthsatz absolutely deserves to be on the list. All time leading scorer and led his team to a State Championship.

 

College basketball is a different animal and Findlay just missed qualifying for the D2 tournament last season and I don't think NKU was a powerhouse in the early '70s.

 

In the 4 years that Derkson was at NKU they did not post a winning record and their schedule was littered with NAIA schools and D3 schools. Findlay plays a significantly tougher schedule at this time than NKU did during those days.

I see you edited out "he started about 10 games last year" after you found out you were wrong. Nothing like eating crow, eh? I bet my good friend the @BOKC Wildcat would love this!

 

He started 10 his frosh year. I was looking at the wrong year. Doesn't change anything. He plays in a strong D2 conference and plays 15 minutes per game. YOU said he's riding the bench. That's hardly the case.

Everyone will have their own criteria for putting someone on the list, so that's why I said IMO.

 

Not arguing. Pointing out where he stood .

He started one game and averaged 3.8 points against bad competition. Derkson played against much better comp than Findlay. Derkson had to go against UT Chattanooga, Tennessee State, New Orleans, etc. You should really check your Google and get your eyes checked.

 

I'm supposed to get excited about NKU playing 3 D2 programs?

He started 10 his frosh year. I was looking at the wrong year. Doesn't change anything. He plays in a strong D2 conference and plays 15 minutes per game. YOU said he's riding the bench. That's hardly the case.

 

Yeah, and then you changed when you knew you were wrong. He is riding the pine for Findlay, a mediocre D-2 team. Derkson a hall of famed for a D-2 program in his years, Ruthsatz pulling splinters for a D-2.

I'm supposed to get excited about NKU playing 3 D2 programs?

 

Let's add Youngstown State, Akron, Xavier, FINDLAY, NAIA national champion Kentucky State as well. Hard to admit Derkson is just better, isn't it? He's laughing at you.

I'm not originally from Anderson Co, but follow the program pretty closely. I will take a stab at it.

 

1. Jimmy Dan Conner. Mr. basketball and state runner up in '71 I think it was, played at UK.

2. Will Carlton. Played as a freshman at Utah, transferred to Georgetown and was NAIA player of the year.

3. CJ Penny. Leading career scorer (I think), played at Asbury.

4. Orbry Gritton. Tough player and went on to have a nice career at Transy.

 

I'm sure there may be some older guys I'm not as aware of...Conner goes back to the early 70's, the rest are mid 80's and after.

Adair County

Kevin Bridgewaters- Mr. Basketball runner up, school all time leading scorer, plays overseas professionally.

 

Darren Ballou- 5th Region player of the year, 2 time 5th region champion, 1800 pts, 1000 rebounds.

 

John Burr- 572 wins, 3 time region champion, State runner-up.

 

Ralph Shearer- 2 time region champion, 1954, 1955 1st team all state, 1955 high school all american.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.