Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your school's Mount Rushmore

Featured Replies

For Covington Catholic, in my opinion, three are really easy...the 4th is a bit of a tug-of-war.

 

Nick Ruthsatz

Roger Tieman

Andy Listerman

 

I think all 3 of them have to be on there.

 

The 4th could be CVH, it could be Kevin Listerman, it could be Jake Thelen, it could be Chris Walker. I could make a case for any of those 4, but none of them knock off one of the 1st three I listed (in my opinion). Heck, if you want to include all facets of a person's involvement in the program, then I'd think about including Dan Tieman.

 

 

Solid player but I wouldn't think he'd be near the top.

  • Replies 246
  • Views 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would roll with JOAT's list because those are the players I've seen live and in person. I've heard things about Mike Vories, but he comes before my time. I just don't think you can take Willie off the list and put Deron ahead of him.

 

Highlands Boys

 

Scott Draud

Derek Smith

Ross Neltner

Willie Schlarman

 

Totally agree with this list. If Coach Shields is on the list, wow, is it hard to take one off. Draud and Neltner are locks to me. One won Mr. Basketball and one finished second. Both played D-I. I honestly don't know which player I would take off, Smith or Schlarman...coin toss to me.

Woodford county

 

Wilbur Schu

Bo Lanter

Paul Noel

Jay Johnson

For the Lady Bears you have to include Angela Jefferson. 5 year starter at the point and one of the best in the program's history.

For Newport:

1. John Turner (all-stater played at U of L)

2. Steve Fields (all-stater, 9th Region POY)

3. Fred Moeves (all-stater, played at UC)

4. Mitch McIntosh (avg. almost 20 rebs. per game as a senior)

Coach: Stan Arnzen (Blue Foster a close No. 2)

Paul Laurence Dunbar

 

Darnell Burton

Cameron Mills

George Baker

Taveion Hollingsworth

 

I know he's a current player but hard to argue what Taveion has accomplished thus far.

Green County

 

Mike Deaton

Jeff Gumm

John Henderson

Dom Compton

For Covington Catholic, in my opinion, three are really easy...the 4th is a bit of a tug-of-war.

 

Nick Ruthsatz

Roger Tieman

Andy Listerman

 

I think all 3 of them have to be on there.

 

I agree; and I think Dan Tieman is the 4th name on the list.

Bryan Station Defenders

 

Jack Givens (UK, Atlanta Hawks)

Mel Turpin (UK, Utah Jazz)

Anthony Jackson (Florida State, brief stint Lakers)

Shelvin Mack (Butler, now with Jazz)

 

Hard to leave off others especially Mike Allen (schools all time leading scorer, mvp of sun belt league in 1994).

 

Many D1, d11, juco, naia players to have come out of defender land.

Bryan Station Defenders

 

Jack Givens (UK, Atlanta Hawks)

Mel Turpin (UK, Utah Jazz)

Anthony Jackson (Florida State, brief stint Lakers)

Shelvin Mack (Butler, now with Jazz)

 

Hard to leave off others especially Mike Allen (schools all time leading scorer, mvp of sun belt league in 1994).

 

Many D1, d11, juco, naia players to have come out of defender land.

 

How about LaRon Moore? Led NKU in scoring and rebounding, two D-2 national runner-ups?

Bryan Station Defenders

 

Jack Givens (UK, Atlanta Hawks)

Mel Turpin (UK, Utah Jazz)

Anthony Jackson (Florida State, brief stint Lakers)

Shelvin Mack (Butler, now with Jazz)

 

Hard to leave off others especially Mike Allen (schools all time leading scorer, mvp of sun belt league in 1994).

 

Many D1, d11, juco, naia players to have come out of defender land.

 

Bobby Washington the all-time coach for Bryan Station?

Laron very nice player but not in top 20 at BS especially if we are just taking into account high school career. Laron had 2 division 1 signees on the1993 team he played on. He did have a nice career at nku.

Laron very nice playet but not in top 20 at BS especially if we are just taking into account high school career. Laronhad 2 division 1 signees on his 1993 team. He did have a nice career at nku.

 

See this for LaRon Moore. Wow. Henry Clay to Bryan Station.

Laron very nice playet but not in top 20 at BS especially if we are just taking into account high school career. Laron had 2 division 1 signees on the1993 team he played on. He did have a nice career at nku.

 

Tony Davis and Reggie Talbert at Bryan Station?

Probably, he was Jv coach when i played there. He never had as much talent as Barlow had in th 70' s and 80's but he was a better coach.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.