St. Patrick girls coach

I happened to be out on my lunch break and with St. Patrick having prom tonight there were girls that were dismissed early to go get their hair done, etc. and one told me that it was announced to the girl players this morning that Elaine Douglas will be the new coach. Just what I was told...nothing official yet.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a surprise here! I figured as much.

Elaine will do a good job at St. Pat for she works hard and possesses the knowledge needed to be a successful coach.

Congrats to Elaine and St. Pat

Was Allison Adams not interested? Will she stay on and help?

Elaine will eventually make a really good coach, but just remember a good high school basketball player does not necessarily make a good coach. You have to be a super great motivator and get the respect of your players first and foremost. Other schools that have made hires like this are finding this out. Elaine's advantage is that she has coached many of these girls for years and has already gotten their respect. The Saints will surprise many next season.

Now that St. Patrick has a new head coach, what kind of style will be played, how deep is the program at St Patrick, what does the summer hold?

Coach Douglas was named on Friday or so that is what is told and haven't heard much about it. There were 189 post on a previous thread titled St. Patrick needing a coach and only 7 now with the naming of the coach. I know there is some talent at St. Patrick, was wondering what to expect from St. Patrick Girls Basketball in the future?

Very good questions Pressrow. These teams at St. Patrick that are at the varsity level have produced very good results at the junior high level under this same coach, but Jr high is a lot different then at the varsity level

JR High you are competing grade level vs. grade level. HS you are competing best players vs best players.

At jr high, your 8th grade may be better then the other school's 8th grade but get to HS and my 3 best seniors, 3 best juniors, 3 best sophomores and 3 best freshmen may be better than your school that is holding all hope on one class.

JR High you are competing grade level vs. grade level. HS you are competing best players vs best players.

At jr high, your 8th grade may be better then the other school's 8th grade but get to HS and my 3 best seniors, 3 best juniors, 3 best sophomores and 3 best freshmen may be better than your school that is holding all hope on one class.

Thats exactly what I mean LBBC