Friday night

St. Pat vs. Pendleton County

Mason County vs. a school that has changed

Saturday Night

Mason County JV vs. Pendleton JV

Mason County V vs. Pendleton V

St. Pat vs. the other school from Friday night

This past year it was Ripley Oh

Ripley OH will be the fourth school in this tournament again this year.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no JV in the Mt Dew Classic.

At one time, Pendleton brought their JV over to play before the Saturday games. It wasn't a exact PART of the Mt. Dew Classic but they played it before the Pendleton/Mason V game. And as far as I know, they continue to play that JV game.

ladiesbballcoach earlier posted that in high school you are playing your best vs their best as opposed to grade level vs grade level.

I didn't attend either Mason County / St. Patrick game this past season, but I listened on the radio and in the second game it seemed that the St. Patrick coach played his bench a whole lot more. That could have been the reason for the smaller margin of victory by Mason County. I think there was a lot of talent on the bench that wasn't being utilized earlier in the season, proving the point that you play your best players regardless of their grade level.

ladiesbballcoach earlier posted that in high school you are playing your best vs their best as opposed to grade level vs grade level.

I didn't attend either Mason County / St. Patrick game this past season, but I listened on the radio and in the second game it seemed that the St. Patrick coach played his bench a whole lot more. That could have been the reason for the smaller margin of victory by Mason County. I think there was a lot of talent on the bench that wasn't being utilized earlier in the season, proving the point that you play your best players regardless of their grade level.

No question St. Patrick had a talented JV group that will continue to get better, but you bring those kids along at a pace that won't be too demorializing to the young ladies if they are put into a situation where you stand a chance to lose a bunch when they are used to winning in the jv games. Keep in mind there is a huge difference of freshmen playing against predominately junior and seniors as opponents that have a lot of experience. I think it has a lot to do with the competition that you might be playing. I am not by any means being disrespectful for those young ladies as they have a great future ahead the next couple of years, but reality is there is a difference in playing jv games versus playing against varsity competition. Its easy to second guess a coach when the only view we have is from the stands. Of course all that is in the past, the four seniors at St. Patrick are set to graduate and that will free up room for this talented group to try to make some noise and I am pretty sure everyone is happy. At least that is what I have been told. Best of luck.