St. Patrick girls coach

You can't convince me that running away from competition is a good thing. St. Pat girls lost to Mason County 77-29 in January. When they played in the tournament, the score was 78-63. I believe St. Pat gained a lot by seeing Mason County that first game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't convince me that running away from competition is a good thing. St. Pat girls lost to Mason County 77-29 in January. When they played in the tournament, the score was 78-63. I believe St. Pat gained a lot by seeing Mason County that first game.

Guess St. Patrick wants to go the in another direction from Coach Ormes having them competitive against a top team in the region come tournament time.:irked:

It's not neccessary for A schools to schedule Mason. What does it or has it ever proven? Deming and Augusta have never scheduled Mason. Bracken should follow suit as well.

In the past eleven seasons Bishop Brossart and Paris have combined to win all of the All A regional championships, with Paris winning in five of the past six years. Last season both schools scheduled Mason County as a regular season opponent and Paris has the Lady Royals on its schedule every year. Paris is a tiny school (around 200 students or less in grades 9-12 in most every year) yet without any seniors on its roster and returning very little experience had on its 2006-2007 regular season schedule Lexington Catholic, Lexington Christian, Henry Clay, Harrison County and other much larger schools in Central Kentucky. The Lady Hounds did this while having to compete in district play against Montgomery County, Clark County and Bourbon County, making the 40th District perhaps the toughtest in the entire state last season. I suspect Bishop Brossart plays a schedule of top Northern Kentucky competition every year as well. So perhaps there is a a good reason after all to keep a traditionally strong team like Mason County on the schedule even for an All A school.

In the past eleven seasons Bishop Brossart and Paris have combined to win all of the All A regional championships, with Paris winning in five of the past six years. Last season both schools scheduled Mason County as a regular season opponent and Paris has the Lady Royals on its schedule every year. Paris is a tiny school (around 200 students or less in grades 9-12 in most every year) yet without any seniors on its roster and returning very little experience had on its 2006-2007 regular season schedule Lexington Catholic, Lexington Christian, Henry Clay, Harrison County and other much larger schools in Central Kentucky. The Lady Hounds did this while having to compete in district play against Montgomery County, Clark County and Bourbon County, making the 40th District perhaps the toughtest in the entire state last season. I suspect Bishop Brossart plays a schedule of top Northern Kentucky competition every year as well. So perhaps there is a a good reason after all to keep a traditionally strong team like Mason County on the schedule even for an All A school.

Agree! Good Post! :thumb:

Agree that LHF is on the money with the post. You may take your lumps, but playing quality competition eventually breeds success. And my guess is that Paris Lady Hounds will be making a lot of noise in the 10th for the next couple of years.

My understanding is that St. Patrick isn't going to play in the Mason County summer league. Right? I don't know that there is anything being decided about playing Mason County in the regular season. Does somebody know for sure? I think that was just a comment by "All In".

Whether they can not play the game or not is dependent on the length of the contract. If it is a two year contract and then they are in the 2nd year, the games have to be played unless Mason agrees not to and/or pays a forfeiture fee.

If the contract expired this year and Coach Ormes/AD Turner had not already signed a new contract, then you can simply say no.

Yes they will play in the Mt. Dew Classic

So they could possibly play Mason County 3 or 4 times this season? I'm sorry,but just don't think this should happen. Bracken boys had been in this postion for years and now(hopefully) they may just meet up in district or region tourney. As far back as before consolidation between Mason and Maysville, Bracken and St.Patrick and other A schools were on somewhat of an even playing field with Mason and Maysville, but Mason is now a dominating school,along the lines of a Scott County and don't ever see that changing. For the fans out there that enjoy watching them play, it could and will still likely happen in tournament play at the end when it matters most(once a year)

So they could possibly play Mason County 3 or 4 times this season? I'm sorry,but just don't think this should happen. Bracken boys had been in this postion for years and now(hopefully) they may just meet up in district or region tourney. As far back as before consolidation between Mason and Maysville, Bracken and St.Patrick and other A schools were on somewhat of an even playing field with Mason and Maysville, but Mason is now a dominating school,along the lines of a Scott County and don't ever see that changing. For the fans out there that enjoy watching them play, it could and will still likely happen in tournament play at the end when it matters most(once a year)

St. Patrick won't play Mason in the Mt. Dew Classic, therefore 1 regular season game, Mason and St. Pat could face each other in district play, and depending on the outcome the only other time the two teams could face one another would be in the regional finals.

Play the game when the ball is tipped, coaches know this when schedules are released and never back down, therefore as fans you have a choice whether to attend or not attend despite the playing field.

The layout of the Mt. Dew Classic since the start of it has usually been:

Friday night

St. Pat vs. Pendleton County

Mason County vs. a school that has changed

Saturday Night

Mason County JV vs. Pendleton JV

Mason County V vs. Pendleton V

St. Pat vs. the other school from Friday night

This past year it was Ripley Oh