Coaching Positions that are Open

The question that is often asked is whether or not they will go with a young coach or an older experienced coach. Personally I would go with the younger guys, like Greisser or Holland. The other guys probably are not going to stay and build unto the prorgam and a lot of times are looking for a quick way to be successful. Montogmery had a coach that was successful because he built a program and was in that program for a long period of time, it takes stability to maintain quality programs. For example Hatcher at Graves, 6 trips to the sweet 16 with Graves, he has built a great program because of his hard work these past several years.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word on the street is Keith Griesser, the assistant coach at Scott County, is interested in the Montgomery County job. He has won a national championship at Georgetown College and a state championship with the Scott County Cardinals.

He has a great rapoir with the players and extensive knowledge of the game...I think he would be a great hire!

I heard him on the radio a few weeks ago. Hes a very good talker. That always helps out when it comes to coaching. Sounds like the list of coaching is shaping up to be a very good one.

I heard him on the radio a few weeks ago. Hes a very good talker. That always helps out when it comes to coaching. Sounds like the list of coaching is shaping up to be a very good one.

When was he on the radio? What did he say?

I've heard he really knows his stuff and would make for a good head coach somewhere. I dont know much about him really.

He not only is well spoken you should hear him sing. He sang at a friends wedding and he was unbelievable...I think vocally he could make the boys hear him.

I have never heard him sing, but I sat with some grandparents of Scott Co players at the State Tourney and they were telling me this also. They had great praise for him as a coach and person....just what Montgomery Co needs. :thumb:

Has he ever been a head coach? There is a lot more to coaching than the sidelines, budget, fundraising, etc are important, being able to sing does not help you coach I don't think. He is a very good assistant at Scott County, I thought he would wait on that job, simply because he knows how that school system works!

I have heard these names at Montgomery, and all these guys are very qualified, and do great jobs

Alan Hatcher at Graves

Jason Holland at Henry

Wayne Breeden at Owensboro

Scott Chalk at Franklin,

This is an impressive list, some young quality coaches along with some of the guys that have been there done that:banana:

I would remove Holland from the list. He told me personally that he was not going anywhere.

He is a class act thru and thru. He would be a great candidate, but if you're happy where you are...........

Has he ever been a head coach? There is a lot more to coaching than the sidelines, budget, fundraising, etc are important, being able to sing does not help you coach I don't think. He is a very good assistant at Scott County, I thought he would wait on that job, simply because he knows how that school system works!
My guess is that Scott County is the best paying High School coaching position in the State. Don't know what Hick's makes but with their school system being flush with Toyota money they can surely afford it. Also you have a County that has gone from a population of approximately 20,000 to 43,000 in the last 18 years. One high School in a County with a population of 43,000 makes for a good situation from a coaching perspective.

Might be a job worth waiting for.

A few names mentioned for the Montgomery Co. job are:

Mark Starns

Allen Hatcher

Scott Chalk

Wayne Breenen has been contacted about the job, but I'm not sure if he has actually applied.

I don't think the assistant from Scott Co. has a chance.

Scott Chalk? I heard he may be fired at Frankiln, getting beat by the team you left WOW! Those are some of the names I have heard also, I know that Holland is applying along with Hatcher those are a lock. The Montgomery job is a move up for both guys, Hatcher just wins, wins, and wins, Holland is at Henry where he has built it up but being competitive every year TOUGH!:thumb:

My guess is that Scott County is the best paying High School coaching position in the State. Don't know what Hick's makes but with their school system being flush with Toyota money they can surely afford it. Also you have a County that has gone from a population of approximately 20,000 to 43,000 in the last 18 years. One high School in a County with a population of 43,000 makes for a good situation from a coaching perspective.

Might be a job worth waiting for.

I doubt the SC job pays much more than other county high schools in central Kentucky. I think Hicks makes much more on his camps than any coach in the state. Most coaches have one week of basketball camp. Hicks has several weeks of camp with morning and evening sessions. The camps are very well attended by kids throughout central Kentucky and a few from out of state.

The Lousville high schools pay less coaching pay than any public schools in Kentucky. However, their teacher's salaries are tops in the state so in the end the pay is about the same.

Scott Chalk? I heard he may be fired at Frankiln, getting beat by the team you left WOW! Those are some of the names I have heard also, ow that Holland is applying along with Hatcher those are a lock. The Montgomery job is a move up for both guys, Hatcher just wins, wins, and wins, Holland is at Henry where he has built it up but being competitive every year TOUGH!:thumb:
How is Montgomery a move up for Hatcher? Graves made the final four last season ... when is the last time Montgomery did that?