Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CrumJr

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CrumJr

  1. Yeah I crave attention from the folks on the internet LOL I don't have to have the wonderful internet gossip to meet my cravings, I was just passing along the truth. And Doug Carter was not mediocre he had very good success just had a couple rough years with less than average talent.
  2. It has been offered to a current head coach of a college in Ky!
  3. Sorry...Coach Carter resigned the first week of November, so the kids haven't had a head coach for THREE MONTHS...The Coach should have been named way sooner than that.
  4. Hopefully Monday, no matter who gets this job, I'll say this the adminstration is to blame at Southern, for their inconsistent years. Coach Carter resigned the first week of December, and the principal and A.D. still haven't figured on a coach. These kids have been wthout a head coach for two months. Yes coaches have been working with the players during the winter, but no athlete at any level should go that long without a Head coach. This has gone on during every coaching process at Southern. A resposible decision should always be made when hiring a coach, but waiting around leaves doubt in players (IMO). I think this decision should have been made at least three weeks ago, and interviewing 9 people in one day raises the question on how well they could make a decision on a coaches character etc.? Whoever gets this job is in for an uphill battle.
  5. Clay's coach isn't getting an interview
  6. Plus Coach Elkin had head coaching expirence which Scenter doesn't...so I see your point about Madison Central, but it really doesn't work here...but thanks for trying.
  7. Actually 96 was Elkin's last season there.
  8. I think he will get players out. Southern doesnt have the type of kids right now to compete. When you lose a senior class like they did 2 years ago that hurts just like their basketball team who is really struggling, theyve lost some good talent lately. In Berea you have 2 schools 1 mile apart in a town of 11K, with a very limited athletic base. Whoever gets it will have their work cut out for them!!!
  9. Boys you gotta have players, plain and simple!
  10. Earl Igo might have one
  11. I didnt realize they had played, maybe I just forgot but its true X won 56-3.
  12. Is Scenters the offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator at Madison Central? When was the last time Madison Central played St. X? Refresh my memory
  13. What makes someone so deserving of the job when he turned down numerous offers to be an assistant at Southern????????????? Plus Brumley didn't teach at MS last year he has done this with the kids now that he teaches there at the high school.
  14. Dave Brumley would be the best choice. He played and COACHED on sme really great teams at Boone Co. Ran the "O" at Scott High when they made and won a game in the playoffs a few years ago, and knows the kids very well at Madison Southern. Also, he has got almost 20 kids from Southern who didn't play last year to come out from day one during the winter program. I know that there are some very qualified people who have applied, but why on Earth wouldn't you hire a guy who has already begun a building process at this school. He is young and has already shown he will put in the work...I want my son to play for this guy. He is knows the game and it's time for him to run a program.
  15. Actually probably not ever gonna be a regional contender Madison Southern starts 4 soph's and a freshman they will be pretty tough downt the road.
  16. Well I know right now there are about 15 kids who did not play last year who are working hard in the weightroom and doing agility work right now. Coach Brumley is actively talking to kids that are at the school now to come out and play. I personally hope he gets this job because his mentality is just what the doctor ordered for this program. Also, after reading many of your posts I agree with some of them. I just hope that those of you who are replying to this post support this program. One thing that all programs need is community support, and I feel that support has been lost over the past few years and has not been really strong since the Mike Elkin days. I can remember when most of Berea and the surrounding area was at MSHS football games on Friday night. Also, the parents need to be apart of this program again, even when winning teams were normal at Southern it seemed as if there was always a small LOUD group of complainers...that will always take place I know, but when the support is truley there those voices will be drownded out. GO BRUMLEY...go Southern!
  17. As of last night there will be 11 interviewed!
  18. Malachi Maxwell from Madison Southern was as "special" as they come. He led the state in rushing in 2002 with well over 2000 yards. He just finished playing at EKU as a special teamer...His lateral movement was as good as is got.
  19. I have been told that Cambell will interview at Madison Southern and the pay for that job is much more than $8500.
  20. This is supposed to be about Madison Southern...Thank you...not Clay Co.
  21. Anyone heard anything else about this job?...seems to me Madison Southern's adminstration is dragging their feet a little hiring there new coach. The kids have been in the weightroom all winter and are getting stronger but interviews don't start until FEB 2. Spring ball could be a little difficult by waiting this long on a hire.
  22. berea ahead of Madison Southern :confused:
  23. it was a terribly officiated 2nd half. Beat MS this year I think they started 4 soph's and a frosh!
  24. Yes, David Brumley has already got the weight program going, and coach Carter has a weight lifting class that has about 15 kids in there lifting and doing agilities everyday.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.