Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Madison Southern Open?

Featured Replies

I just saw on the KHSAA website that Madison Southern posted the Head Football Coaches position. Is this true?

  • Replies 130
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard it was going to happen.

No surprise, I have been hearing this all season long.......Southern has the ability to win 7 or 8 games a year in 4A.....hopefully they don't hire another EKU assistant, that hasn't worked.

.....hopefully they don't hire another EKU assistant, that hasn't worked.

 

They sure do seem bound and determined to try and make it work, though!

No surprise, I have been hearing this all season long.......Southern has the ability to win 7 or 8 games a year in 4A.....hopefully they don't hire another EKU assistant, that hasn't worked.

 

This year there were alot of talented seniors who worked hard and the team as a whole should have had a lot better record than they did.

QB7fan, you seem to be close to the program...are there any current assistants capable of taking over?

 

I have heard a few names thrown around but none within the program.....this is a very good paying job and I expect a lot of applicants.

QB7fan, you seem to be close to the program...are there any current assistants capable of taking over?

 

I have heard a few names thrown around but none within the program.....this is a very good paying job and I expect a lot of applicants.

 

I wouldn't think they would have any assistants that could take the head coach position, but I think the head coach is recommending one of them. It was a very discouraging year for the players. They have 10 seniors (starters)graduating and that will be difficult for the upcoming team next year.

You have to have seniors who have some leadership qualities about them on and OFF the field to be successful!

You have to have seniors who have some leadership qualities about them on and OFF the field to be successful!

 

There seemed to be a slew of problems with madison Southern this year. The thing that will make this such a intriguing job, is the young talent that was on the team. They all played this year, and have experience. This will benefit the next coach who comes in.

Sounds like the coach put alot of the blame on the kids?

 

I don't understand how anyone could equate the coach stepping down to his blaming the players.

There seemed to be a slew of problems with madison Southern this year. The thing that will make this such a intriguing job, is the young talent that was on the team. They all played this year, and have experience. This will benefit the next coach who comes in.

 

There are about 16 total players left (Jv and varsity combined)after the seniors leave. Of course, this doesn't count incoming freshman and any that decide to play with new coaches.

Like I said earlier, Madison Southern has the potential to win 7 or 8 games a year....I still think they are leaps and bounds away from competing with district foes Rock and Bell, or with Madison Central (who is new to the schedule), but most of their other games are very winnable.

 

The facilities are adequate, the pay is very good, and there is talent walking the halls....I know of a few local assistants and current head coaches who will apply if they haven't yet....

Isn't Madison Central assistant Mark Scenters a Madison Southern graduate? He could be a good hire.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.