Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tates Creek 65 Henry Clay 55

Featured Replies

Tates Creek up 13 early. HC fought back to get to 8 at the half. Close through the 3rd until mid-way of the 4th. Game was tied at 50-50 with about 3 minutes to go. Tates Creek went on a 15-5 run to end the game.

 

Sparks hit several 3 pointers, especially early to give Tates Creek a 13 point lead. In fact, he got his 1500th career point tonight.

 

Henry Clay had Boyd back, but Moses still out. Also, another starter Brian Nichols was out, and a key reserve, DQ Gordon.

  • Author

NA/DUP

Tates Creek up 13 early. HC fought back to get to 8 at the half. Close through the 3rd until mid-way of the 4th. Game was tied at 50-50 with about 3 minutes to go. Tates Creek went on a 15-5 run to end the game.

 

Sparks hit several 3 pointers, especially early to give Tates Creek a 13 point lead. In fact, he got his 1500th career point tonight.

 

Henry Clay had Boyd back, but Moses still out. Also, another starter Brian Nichols was out, and a key reserve, DQ Gordon.

Is Tates Creek a young team ??

Tates Creek starts 2 freshman (Fucci, Barksdale), and at least 2 seniors (Sparks, Spalding). They have really come along this year, and will be good over the next few years.

 

Henry Clay continues to have injury issues. I heard their coach on the radio before the game saying they had only played 5-6 games this year with their regular roster.

 

Tonight, Moses was still out with the foot injury and another starter (nichols?) was out. Prince Stewart, who normally starts came off the bench and had a good game.

 

Henry Clay started a couple of reserves (Gardner - who is walking on at UK in football next year, and Brightwell a senior). They also started freshman Brandon Wilder tonight.

 

I think Henry Clay looses 4 of their 5 starters this year. I think they have a couple of juniors and 1-2 sophomores. So they will be very young next year. But their freshman team is very very good from what I hear. So next year will be tough on the young kids. But fortunately, Bryan Station will loose 3 key starters in Mack, Combs, and Burdett. I don't know what seniors Scott County is loosing.

Tates Creek starts 2 freshman (Fucci, Barksdale), and at least 2 seniors (Sparks, Spalding). They have really come along this year, and will be good over the next few years.

 

Henry Clay continues to have injury issues. I heard their coach on the radio before the game saying they had only played 5-6 games this year with their regular roster.

 

Tonight, Moses was still out with the foot injury and another starter (nichols?) was out. Prince Stewart, who normally starts came off the bench and had a good game.

 

Henry Clay started a couple of reserves (Gardner - who is walking on at UK in football next year, and Brightwell a senior). They also started freshman Brandon Wilder tonight.

 

I think Henry Clay looses 4 of their 5 starters this year. I think they have a couple of juniors and 1-2 sophomores. So they will be very young next year. But their freshman team is very very good from what I hear. So next year will be tough on the young kids. But fortunately, Bryan Station will loose 3 key starters in Mack, Combs, and Burdett. I don't know what seniors Scott County is loosing.

Thanks ! Just thinking Station was young and could be a force next year ??

Station will have a couple of starters back (Ashford is one). I have seen Station's Freshman and JV teams play. They are pretty good, but next year will be rebuilding for them. Thing with Bryan Station this year is Mack. He is not just a great ballplayer, he is "special". Really makes that team go. 11th will be so tough with them, Catholic, and Scott County. This may finally be the year, that Bryan Stations gets back to the dance.

 

Henry Clay freshman team is very very good from what I have seen. Also their JV (which is mostly the freshman team). I have heard the freshman/JV have only lost 3-4 games combined total this year. Next year, they will probably start a couple of sophomores, a junior, and a couple of seniors. By the time these freshman hit junior year, I think HC will be strong again.

 

Sayre - I know they start one good freshman (Cabot Haggan). His older brother (I think) is a senior. 42nd is tough district for Sayre. Not sure how much they loose senior wise this year.

 

Scott County - not sure how may seniors they are loosing this year. Of course Scott is like Mason; they have a basketball factory going there. Most of their players have been together through primary, middle, and AAU before they get to the high school level. If they build another high school in Scott County, that may be the only thing that slows them down.

 

The Lexington and Louisville districts are always tough. But there is good balance across the state this year. Could even be a few cinderella's that could advance far and even win it all. Mason, Catholic, Bryan Station, Paintsville, UHA, Scott Co, Male, Manual, Ballard, Cov Catholic, Boone, Apollo, and several others could be there towards the end. Great to see KY basketball doing so well.

  • Author

A couple of other good teams I have been impressed with this year is Lincoln County and Adair County.

Tates Creek has also been injury prone this year. Losing 3 of their top 8 in the rotation including Carlos Parris and Darius Walker.

 

Henry Clay does have a nice fr. team, I watched them beat Lafayette by nearly 40 points.

Actually probably not ever gonna be a regional contender Madison Southern starts 4 soph's and a freshman they will be pretty tough downt the road.

I feel for Lafayette down the road. I agree with the above posters, their Freshman/JV teams do not look so good. Their varsity struggled early with their best player, Vee Sanford going to Catholic (wonder how that happened?). And Donte Stewart being out for some reason. Now that Stewart is back, they have improved. Beat Adair in OT, which is a pretty good win. Took Henry Clay to Overtime. And I think they gave Cov Cath a good game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.