Dayton Coaching Search...

greendevil

Remember patience.

Hightchew

11 TDs 15 kicked PATs

130 rushes for 786 6.0 per rush (78 per game)

76 for 136 for 740 yards passing (74 per game)

28 punts for 35.0 average

3 Interceptions (Led team)

Dayton averaged 275 yards of offense per game.

That is a lot for any coach to replace.

Brian can do it... he isn't as anxious to run as Hightchew sometimes was and stands in the pocket longer... he probably makes better reads because Hightchew tended to want to use his athleticism to make plays outside of the pocket in "scramble drill"... he can run too, but I would't be surprised if they got more pass yards than rush from the QB position next year...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what makes you so sure? teachers have to have their masters w/in 5 years of teaching don't they?

not saying you are wrong just wondering... by the way Rice is a great guy...

i think teachers need to start working toward their masters within 5 years and have it complete in 10.

Back to the coaching search. What about Mike Woolf? He needs head coaching experience and he is a guy who probably is a great motivator, enthusiastic and stresses defense which the Greendevils will need to emphasize with so many offensive weapons graduating.

I truely could not see Mike Wolfe taking the Dayton job, he has a better gig as the D-Coordinator at Ryle IMO.

What about Tim Chenot? Can he handle the head coaching duties?

Yea, he could handle it, and he could possibly be good at it, but I do know that he started coaching freshman this year to be able to spend more time with his wife/kids.

Rice would be great for Dayton. He's like a big ball of energy that the kids can feed off of. If those boys cant get fired up and play with a ton of energy for him then they prolly dont need to be playing football. He would definently have the kids in great shape in the weight room. He's also been on the staff there before so he should know a little bit about the program. He could prolly put together a nice staff also if he was the HC.

• 3 weeks later...
It is my understanding that interviews took place today...

some sources tell me that Rice was in interviews cosiderably longer than Deaton... does this mean anything specific?

there were 3 or 4 more also I heard...

I think he is the front runner but that is JMO and not really any inside info or anything.

I think he is the front runner but that is JMO and not really any inside info or anything.

NHS BIG DADDY -- I have to agree with you -- Rice would be an excellent choice. He's got a lot to offer to the program. Now, I'm not saying Deaton couldn't offer just as much because I really don't know him and I've seen Rice in action so I really have to go with Rice.

NHS BIG DADDY -- I have to agree with you -- Rice would be an excellent choice. He's got a lot to offer to the program. Now, I'm not saying Deaton couldn't offer just as much because I really don't know him and I've seen Rice in action so I really have to go with Rice.

that doesn't make any sense... you said that you don't know Deaton but would go with Rice over him... how can you judge the race when you've only seen one in action???