Dayton Coaching Search...

greendevil

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach would be a great hire for the Devils! He is young, energetic, knows the game, and would maintain some continuity for the program. I think that is important due to their recent success....

The Devils are returning the core of their team back only losing four or five seniors from last year, I think they will only improve. Don't get me wrong Zach is a great candidate and a good coach.

That's next season. If they were to hire a coach who is use to more numbers and not having to work as hard to keep kids in the weight program, or doesn't have a great off-season weight program to begin with; it will matter who the coach is...

If the Devils want to continue on a positive note, it's crucial that they get someone who knows the program, has the respect of the kids, and has been part of the success. While i've heard other names of current staff, none are as commited as Deaton with the exception of coach Smith, who clearly doesn't want to go the H/C road again. Don't go by "seniority" search committee if hiring from within.........hire Deaton immediately and let the kids continue with little distraction.

I agree that Deaton would be a fantastic choice. I know Dayton football and the players and there is no real emergancy with getting kids in the weight room. There are plenty of kids and as far as numbers go, that doesnt win football games. Dayton is a small school and is currently getting the best out of it.