Kentucky 111 Arkansas 102

That entire late game surge came without Reeves playing a single minute. Cal found some action he liked with the middle screen and they wore it out. Edwards had three steals in a short span to effectively close the door on the Razorbacks.

I heard a stat on the postgame on the radio side that this is the first game a Kentucky team has won when their opponent scored more than 100 points and it was back on February 21st 1970 at LSU vs. "Pistol" Pete Maravich. The Cats won that game 121-105 Maravich had 64 in that one and Dan Issel had 51 and Mike Pratt had 27 to lead the Cats to the win.

26 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

We're really, really good offensively and equally as bad defensively.  Second verse, same as the first. 

It’s horrifying how easy teams can get to the rim. 

• Like 2

Good win even though the defense was bad again. With that said the one good thing is going into the tournament our offense is going to be use to close games and having to make plays at the end of games. So just need the defense to find away to get a stop or two at the end.  

It seems like this team has always struggled some the first game someone returns back from injury and the rotation changes. I know I am thrilled Mitchell is back, however he has been at this best when he has been at the 5. When he is at the 4 with another big, they struggle. IMO Cal needs to stay away from having two bigs on the floor and just go with either Theiro or Edwards at the 4 most of the game. Then just rotate the four bigs at the 5 spot and go with whoever seems to be rolling in that game. 

• Like 1

Cal should receive a lot of credit for that game. Seemed like he outcoached another guy that people have put on a list to replace him. Team goes down 9 late and no panic.

Scored on several OOB plays and coming out of timeouts. Inserting Edwards late and leaving Reeves on the bench since the freshmen were rolling. Finding the high pick and roll with Dillingham/Big Z (just wait til teams start collapsing and Sheppard, Reaves and dare I say Edwards and Wagner) are wide open on the perimeter.

And throughout the whole season, this team always plays hard. Definitely wish they played better defense but you can never question their effort, nor how much they love playing with/for each other. Bradshaw's post game quote about the other bigs is a perfect example. This is a testament to the individual characters but also largely due to their leader, Coach Cal.

Really don't know how anyone look at this team and thinks Kentucky would be better off with someone else.

I am also so glad that Calipari didn't quit on Edwards like many in the fanbase wanted. He came up big down the stretch yesterday.

I think tomorrow is also a great example why you don't play with the starting  lineup for chemistry and confidence purposes. Wagner was huge yesterday, especially early.

This team really is fun. No matter how it finishes, it was nice to thoroughly enjoy watching the Cats this year.

• Like 3