Kentucky 111 Arkansas 102

8 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Cal should receive a lot of credit for that game. Seemed like he outcoached another guy that people have put on a list to replace him. Team goes down 9 late and no panic.

Scored on several OOB plays and coming out of timeouts. Inserting Edwards late and leaving Reeves on the bench since the freshmen were rolling. Finding the high pick and roll with Dillingham/Big Z (just wait til teams start collapsing and Sheppard, Reaves and dare I say Edwards and Wagner) are wide open on the perimeter.

And throughout the whole season, this team always plays hard. Definitely wish they played better defense but you can never question their effort, nor how much they love playing with/for each other. Bradshaw's post game quote about the other bigs is a perfect example. This is a testament to the individual characters but also largely due to their leader, Coach Cal.

Really don't know how anyone look at this team and thinks Kentucky would be better off with someone else.

Hopefully you do realize your praising a coach that’s defense is giving up 95 ppg? That’s an all time UK record for number of points per game given up!! And reason being he is too self centered to make any adjustments!!

1 hour ago, nikeman49 said:

Hopefully you do realize your praising a coach that’s defense is giving up 95 ppg? That’s an all time UK record for number of points per game given up!! And reason being he is too self centered to make any adjustments!!

UK played zone on 2 possessions yesterday. It was the worst looking zone defense I have ever seen by a college team.

I think there is one adjustment that will help a lot. The off side defender needs to sag off his man and help stop the high pick and roll everyone is running against UK. Cannot let that high pick and roll turn into a layup line.

Beyond that, it is about intensity. They played intense on defense the last 4 minutes yesterday and looked decent. They played with defensive intensity against Auburn. They can be much better if they play with that intensity. That is what Cal needs to make happen. Just get that intensity and focus on defense.

3 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Absolutely praising him and yes, I've acknowledged numerous times that the defense sucks.

I genuinely don't understand how someone can look at this game in particular, how cohesive this team plays, and how hard his players consistently play this year and not think he deserves credit.

Cal even has this team punching back, where you can't think they can win any game. Arkansas and Miss St probably played their best games of the year and in the end, it didn't matter late and they defended when it mattered.

16 minutes ago, Walter_White said:

Allowing 95 ppg???    Are you sure your number is right there.

Off by about 16 ppg. UK is averaging just under 90 points per contest.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Walter_White said:

Allowing 95 ppg???    Are you sure your number is right there.

7 hours ago, bugatti said:

Off by about 16 ppg. UK is averaging just under 90 points per contest.

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

For informational purposes, may I share the actual stats:

Giving up 79.1 per game.

Scoring 89.6 per game.

I can’t believe you all are going to let actual facts get in the way of a baseless, biased and ridiculous statement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1