Rose Hill 72 Boyd County 70

Why do area schools and the community not like it when RH has become competitive? Do area schools and the community not like it when an Elliot County, Raceland, Greenup, Morgan, Lewis, Ashland, etc.. become more competitive. Again, is it just a community vendetta against RH or against all successful schools? If this is the case-why????

I am not a coach, nor do I pretend to be, and I have no idea as to the particulars in scheduling or not scheduling. But just because RH isn't on some of area regular season schedules doesn't necessarily indicate a vendetta against them.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a coach, nor do I pretend to be, and I have no idea as to the particulars in scheduling or not scheduling. But just because RH isn't on some of area regular season schedules doesn't necessarily indicate a vendetta against them.

I agree...no vendetta...just disappointing, especially for the seniors.

Regardless of the size of the school, the history, the wins and losses or records...one never wants to take off the jersey for the last time.

I thought about starting a new thread with this, but would like to make sure that Rose Hill suporters see this...if there is an interest. If you follow the Lady Royals, you'll know that Emily Queen is going to Middle Tennessee next year. The link below is to a story in the Murfreesboro, TN's Daily News Journal and is a brief report in the sports section about one of MTSU's seniors. Grissy Givens is last year's Sun Belt MVP as well as the Defensive Player of the Year. More than that, she is a special young woman and has earned the respect of coaches and players throughout the Sun Belt Conference.

After watching his team lose to Middle Tennessee yesterday, Arkansas-Little Rock coach, Joe Foley, asked Grissy to...get this...come to his locker room and speak to his team. What a classy tribute. I've never heard of such a thing and think it is a wonderful story.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070121/SPORTS/701210323/1006

Can you name to me the number of times that Rowan County Girls or Boys won the Regional Tournament prior to Morehead State Hosting it.

What does that have to do with anything? I don't think its a conspiracy against Rose Hill just because their happens to be a nice university facility in Morehead.

What does that have to do with anything? I don't think its a conspiracy against Rose Hill just because their happens to be a nice university facility in Morehead.

You missed my point, I'm talking about the conflict of interest that goes on in the region. I have had enough of trying to explain myself about my feelings about the RH situation. I tried earlier to post my comments but it was erased and probably deserved to be, it implied many things that were credible but I have no real paper trail to prove it, so having said that, lets move on to something else

Well I never wanted her to get hurt where did you get that ?:confused:

I wish her and the statistician the best the rest of the season.:D

Let me try to explain...

I think you would agree that your most recent posts concerning Emily, beginning with the Boyd County Tournament, had been leaning to the negative side. That you said something demonstrating a measure of kindness towards her was a welcome change and I tried to encourage that by injecting a bit of levity...which I thought you might appreciate.

I have to say that I half expected you to challenge the stats that I posted for this game (I was prepared to give chapter and verse from the Stats Manual for every assist, rebound, steal, etc...I was loaded for bear;) ).

Thanks for the best wishes; I'll pass them along.

I'm not sure the rest of our fellow BGPers will like this new and calm behavior on our parts. I think we provided some momentary cheap entertainment.:D

An observation I made @ the game last night........... During the JV game some of the Varsity players were sitting in the bleachers watching. One of the young "ladies" was VERY vocal; shouting a constant barrage of derogartoy comments at the officials. (I'm sure all RH fans that were present heard this as I heard it on the opposite side of the gym)

She wasn't on the floor a full quarter in the Varsity game when her mouth got her penalized.

After reading this post I spoke to one of the officials from the JV game and they confirmed that the player at the center of the "conspiracy" was indeed making comments a good deal of the game...He stated that they were personal comments that may bother other officials but he found them comical...Here are some of the comments: "Hey, don't blink or you'll miss a call...Oh wait, you've been missing them all night"..."I saw you blink, you just missed another one"...Another one was, "Better get a head start cause I've seen you try to get up the floor"...Those may not be the "exact" words but that was how he remembered them...

By the way, an assistant coach was sitting there in the area around them...

Now, if I were feeling that the refs were "out to get me", I don't believe I would perpetuate my reputation of being "mouthy" or "disrepectful" to officials if I were wanting things to change...While the refs in the JV game ignored it, it could be possible that the varsity officials watching them work did not appreciate the disrepect of their colleagues and let her know it when she opened her mouth during the varsity game?? Just a thought...

This is not hearsay...It came directly from one of the participants...

After reading this post I spoke to one of the officials from the JV game and they confirmed that the player at the center of the "conspiracy" was indeed making comments a good deal of the game...He stated that they were personal comments that may bother other officials but he found them comical...Here are some of the comments: "Hey, don't blink or you'll miss a call...Oh wait, you've been missing them all night"..."I saw you blink, you just missed another one"...Another one was, "Better get a head start cause I've seen you try to get up the floor"...Those may not be the "exact" words but that was how he remembered them...

By the way, an assistant coach was sitting there in the area around them...

Now, if I were feeling that the refs were "out to get me", I don't believe I would perpetuate my reputation of being "mouthy" or "disrepectful" to officials if I were wanting things to change...While the refs in the JV game ignored it, it could be possible that the varsity officials watching them work did not appreciate the disrepect of their colleagues and let her know it when she opened her mouth during the varsity game?? Just a thought...

This is not hearsay...It came directly from one of the participants...

If you're way of thinking is correct, then the varsity game officials were dead wrong to let what they heard during one game they had nothing to do w/ affect how they called their game. I find the taunts quite comical. All fans, at one time or another have gotten onto the officials, some more than others. You must remember we are dealing w/ high school kids here. The adult refs have to act like adults and not intentionally pick on one or two kids because they didn't like what they heard from her. I Didn't hear what she said during the game. She very well may have deserved the "T". I'm only responding to your comments of the refs not liking what she said to their colleagues. If this was the case, they need to reexamine whether they are mature enough to officiate HS games. Maybe they need to go back to jr. high or biddy ball. If they did that, maybe they wouldn't need that head start to get down the floor.

If you're way of thinking is correct, then the varsity game officials were dead wrong to let what they heard during one game they had nothing to do w/ affect how they called their game. I find the taunts quite comical. All fans, at one time or another have gotten onto the officials, some more than others. You must remember we are dealing w/ high school kids here. The adult refs have to act like adults and not intentionally pick on one or two kids because they didn't like what they heard from her. I Didn't hear what she said during the game. She very well may have deserved the "T". I'm only responding to your comments of the refs not liking what she said to their colleagues. If this was the case, they need to reexamine whether they are mature enough to officiate HS games. Maybe they need to go back to jr. high or biddy ball. If they did that, maybe they wouldn't need that head start to get down the floor.

GREAT POST, GREAT POST, GREAT POST