Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 72 Boyd County 70

Featured Replies

Not by all officials, re-read what I posted. I am not blaming any losses on the Officials, just stating the facts

  • Replies 143
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not by all officials, re-read what I posted. I am not blaming any losses on the Officials, just stating the facts

 

Ok, I have re-read your post and you make it sound as if the refs and everyone else in the area are out to get Rose Hill. Have I misunderstood?

5 games left? That seems short to me.

 

Are they playing the full complement of 27 games allotted by the KHSAA?

 

 

Frances

 

At the end of the regular season, the Lady Royals will have completed a 20 game schedule...6 games less than the RHCS boys as well as most other girls teams in the area against whom RHCS will be competing in the post season. Apart from the obvious missed opportunities for experience and preparation for the post season, it's a bit disappointing when it's the last go round for seniors and kids who are hoping to be recognized for (and here I will use words everyone likes to gasp at and accuse those of us who are thinking of such things as being selfish)...individual achievements.

At the end of the regular season, the Lady Royals will have completed a 20 game schedule...6 games less than the RHCS boys as well as most other girls teams in the area against whom RHCS will be competing in the post season. Apart from the obvious missed opportunities for experience and preparation for the post season, it's a bit disappointing when it's the last go round for seniors and kids who are hoping to be recognized for (and here I will use words everyone likes to gasp at and accuse those of us who are thinking of such things as being selfish)...individual achievements.

 

Is there a reason RH hasn't scheduled for a full season of games per the KHSAA rules? Apart for the fact that a full schedule better prepares the girls for post-season, as a 16th region fan I would like to watch RH in as many games as possible.

Ok, I have re-read your post and you make it sound as if the refs and everyone else in the area are out to get Rose Hill. Have I misunderstood?

 

 

Can you name to me the number of times that Rowan County Girls or Boys won the Regional Tournament prior to Morehead State Hosting it.

Not all 16th Region teams(Ashland,East Carter,Raceland,Russell) scheduled Rose Hill. I mentioned these four because they have scheduled Rose Hill in the past.

  • Author
Is there a reason RH hasn't scheduled for a full season of games per the KHSAA rules? Apart for the fact that a full schedule better prepares the girls for post-season, as a 16th region fan I would like to watch RH in as many games as possible.

 

I've not discussed this personally w/ Coach Euton, but I believe an attempt was made to schedule more games, w/ several area teams opting not to play RH. The only other option was for Coach Euton to schedule a bunch of out of town games, which there have been plenty of, requiring 2-4 hour bus rides before a game, or an over night stay. This, although sometimes necesary, is not an ideal situation for the girls. I would love to have been able to watch more games, but w/ the refusal of local teams, not all, but some, to play the Lady Royals, the shorter schedule was probably the best option.

It is a shame that more games haven't been scheduled for RH girls. In the two seasons prior to this one, how many games did they play?

Not all 16th Region teams(Ashland,East Carter,Raceland,Russell) scheduled Rose Hill. I mentioned these four because they have scheduled Rose Hill in the past.

 

Unless there have been changes, the Lady Royals are scheduled to play East Carter on the 22nd.

  • Author
It is a shame that more games haven't been scheduled for RH girls. In the two seasons prior to this one, how many games did they play?

 

I believe they have played a full compliment of games allowed the past few years.

Unless there have been changes, the Lady Royals are scheduled to play East Carter on the 22nd.

 

I need to adjust my bifocals I mean my progessive lenses. Thanks for the correction.

Can you name to me the number of times that Rowan County Girls or Boys won the Regional Tournament prior to Morehead State Hosting it.

 

 

I guess it was never of conflict of interest when Mr. Moore (Principal of Rowan Co. High) at the time was Reffing in the Regional Tournament. To answer your previous question the answer is YES. Ashland area schools and community does not like what RH has become and that is competetive!

To answer your previous question the answer is YES. Ashland area schools and community does not like what RH has become and that is competetive!

 

Why do area schools and the community not like it when RH has become competitive? Do area schools and the community not like it when an Elliot County, Raceland, Greenup, Morgan, Lewis, Ashland, etc.. become more competitive. Again, is it just a community vendetta against RH or against all successful schools? If this is the case-why????

It is a shame that more games haven't been scheduled for RH girls. In the two seasons prior to this one, how many games did they play?

 

'03-'04: 25 regular season, 1 post-season

'04-'05: 21 regular season, 3 post-season

'05-'06: 26 regular season, 9 post-season

 

It's doubly disappointing when you finished as the state runner-up. One would think that everyone would have been willing to schedule us.

Why do area schools and the community not like it when RH has become competitive? Do area schools and the community not like it when an Elliot County, Raceland, Greenup, Morgan, Lewis, Ashland, etc.. become more competitive. Again, is it just a community vendetta against RH or against all successful schools? If this is the case-why????

 

 

If you are serious then I will PM you my reply.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.