• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Queen: 12 pts, 5/8 shooting (1/1 3ptrs), 1/2 free throws, 4 rebs, 6 asts

Terry: 23 pts, 8/15 shooting (3/6 3ptrs), 2/2 free throws, 11 rebs, 6 asts

Faulkner: 18 pts, 7/13 shooting (3/3 3ptrs), 1/2 free throws, 4 rebs, 7 asts

Adkins: 6 pts, 2/3 shooting, 2/3 free throws, 1 reb, 1 ast

Dundon: 4 pts, 2/4 shooting, 2 rebs

Gambill: 9 pts, 3/6 shooting (all 3ptrs)

A few thoughts...

Britt gets whistled for a foul, turns away from the official and obviously says something...and gets T'd up for it. If she deserved it, fine...but later in the game, Laura is called for a foul, turns and throws the ball up over her head and over the backboard and is given a warning...and rightly so. I am not debating the justification for the technical on Britt; I am questioning why she is not shown the same courtesy of a warning that others get.

Good job, Abbey Dundon for calmly putting the ball on the floor, driving to the basket and making what proved to be the game winning shot.

Kaylyn Gambill drains 3's like there is nothing to it. Nice job of finding space and spotting up. That's your role and you did it superbly this evening.

As for the officials...I refer you to Scooterbob's earlier statement.

Same player from the same team gets technical fouls in consecutive games. If that person was playing for any other coach I know they would be benched for at least a couple games for impropper conduct. That is disrespect for the game and their coach.

I just hope that as an outsider that has friends on both sides of this game that the fans from both sides can keep it respectful no matter who wins. Good Luck to both the Royals and the Tomcats.

The complaints about the officials have nothing whatsoever to do with the relationship among the fans. One of the three does a very credible job and though she is young and new to the ranks, she will be one of the very best officials in the 16th Region in due time. The other two simply continue to demonstrate their incompetence every time I see them call a game.

I'm sure if the coaches felt Britt's technicals were justified, they would take action. If they feel as I do, that tonight's T was total crap, then why punish her twice for something that should be a non-issue anyways. If a player gets called for a foul they disagree with, and walks away from the ref griping, that is, IMO, much better than being in the ref's face. This technical foul tonight was totally uncalled for.

The complaints about the officials have nothing whatsoever to do with the relationship among the fans. One of the three does a very crebible job and though she is young and new to the ranks, she will be one of the very best officials in the 16th Region in due time. The other two simply continue to demonstrate their incompetence every time I see them call a game.

:thumb:

Although Queen came back to have a good game, she was injured quite severely early on. Do you have an update on how she is doing after the game? Hate to see a team allowed to be so rough that they blatantly try to hurt the other players.

She's experiencing some pain and increasing stiffness. Hopefully alternating heat and ice through the night will help. Thanks for asking.

The complaints about the officials have nothing whatsoever to do with the relationship among the fans. One of the three does a very crebible job and though she is young and new to the ranks, she will be one of the very best officials in the 16th Region in due time. The other two simply continue to demonstrate their incompetence every time I see them call a game.

Check my update on that post #20 that you quoted, I deleted/edited my own post bc I meant to put that one on the Ashland/RH boys game thread. :lol: (I did mention Tomcats and not Lions) Brain lapse on my part. :D Sorry.

That would depend on what the player was saying and what the ref heard. To me it wouldn't matter if it was in the ref's face or away from him. If what was said, was in earshot of the ref, and the ref felt it justified a T, that is all that matters.