Rose Hill 72 Boyd County 70

Well, now we can all agree that likes2watch's oratory about the "derrogatory" comments during the jv game amount to "much ado about nothing". It would appear, from Devil58's description of what the referee told him that the comments were, in fact, good natured kidding. Only one with an agenda would ionterpret this in a negative way. In fact, if any other girl basketball player in this area had said these things, they would have been passed off as "cute".

the fact that so much has been made of this non-incident reveals far, far more about the accusers than it does about the young lady. Although I waste my time in saying so, I must say that you should be ashamed to create controversy where none should exist. If the subject referee was offended by all of this or took it seriously, he/she has no business calling high school games.

Obviously, like2watch, you have proven only one fact and that fact is that this thread should be closed for being irrelevant.

You should be a Lawyer: Excellent wisdom shown with this post, yet somewhat twisted, I like it.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please find in bold the point you are about to read:

"How should readers determine exactly how mature you are?"

As the Good Book says, "you reap what you sow".

I agree with Wireman for the first time ever, this thread does need closed.:thumb:

The refs need to be mature, not me.

I'll vouch for Devil58. He is a good man. Although he is a Russell partisan, I believe he puts his personal leanings aside when he is officiating. It would be good if all area officials followed his example in regard to their treatment of both teams and individuals.

As for becoming a lawyer, likearock, I did actually consider it at one time.:cool:

Why is it a conflict or interest if I happen to know referees?? I know probably 70% of the 16th region officials because, to answer your previous question, I used to be a referee in this region and I called all levels including Varsity...I also umpire with one of your administators at Rose Hill...I consider him a friend and if you ask him I am positive that he would tell you that I do my job with the highest degree of professionalism...So before you lump me in with a group of "Britt Bashers", I umpired their games a couple of times last year & can guarantee you I treated every girl with the same high respect I always do...As is my reputation among coaches within the 16th region...I have never wished for her to be unsuccesful...My comments are the same as I would, and did, tell my own kids and the same I tell the kids I have the priviledge to work with now...

BTW, I personally do not believe in "targeting" players and judge every player on their own merits & solely on what I witness from them, not hearsay...

devil58, I believe you are a good man, I just hate to see you sucked into the slime that is awaiting you. I only caution you to be careful where you are at in this journey. I have seen you ref and you were not biased towards any team, therefore I commend you but for the most part if you would forget the facade that is around you and search your feeling you of all people know the history of all of this and you know what I say is the truth. Search your feelings and your heart before you respond. You are good dude, it is not an attack on you but once again, I'll take my stand on what I know is the truth.

The refs need to be mature, not me.

Your right, all refs should be mature and they should also be thick skinned to do their job.

I believe that all BGP'ers should be mature as well.

Last but not least, I think adults laughing or promoting student athletes to disrespect refs is not mature and very unsportsman like.

Does anyone even care about sportsmanship anymore? This might be a good title for another Thread.

:creepy:

After reading this post I spoke to one of the officials from the JV game and they confirmed that the player at the center of the "conspiracy" was indeed making comments a good deal of the game...He stated that they were personal comments that may bother other officials but he found them comical...Here are some of the comments: "Hey, don't blink or you'll miss a call...Oh wait, you've been missing them all night"..."I saw you blink, you just missed another one"...Another one was, "Better get a head start cause I've seen you try to get up the floor"...Those may not be the "exact" words but that was how he remembered them...

By the way, an assistant coach was sitting there in the area around them...

Now, if I were feeling that the refs were "out to get me", I don't believe I would perpetuate my reputation of being "mouthy" or "disrepectful" to officials if I were wanting things to change...While the refs in the JV game ignored it, it could be possible that the varsity officials watching them work did not appreciate the disrepect of their colleagues and let her know it when she opened her mouth during the varsity game?? Just a thought...

This is not hearsay...It came directly from one of the participants...

This is hearsay you were not there.

How would you know that the assistant coach was sitting nearby when you werent even there?

Your right, all refs should be mature and they should also be thick skinned to do their job.

I believe that all BGP'ers should be mature as well.

Last but not least, I think adults laughing or promoting student athletes to disrespect refs is not mature and very unsportsman like.

Does anyone even care about sportsmanship anymore? This might be a good title for another Thread.

Who was promoting the laughing and promoting disrespect?:confused: