Rose Hill 72 Boyd County 70

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Et tu, GottaRebound?

Frances

I do not have a schedule of anything in this house. I am told what to do, when to do it, and how long to do it...I have grown to like being a submissive person, needless to say, I find out about sporting events just hours prior to tip off...I know what you are thinking, why not use the internet and look up the schedule? I have trouble finding the splee chkec key much less the khsaa website, and what this google place that I have been hearing about. Up until last year, I was still playing around on a Texas Instrument!

Why would officials give players respect who run their mouths after fouls, intentionally delay the game, lay the ball down after a call, How do poor sports and crybabies get respect. We are crying when we win and crying when we loose , get some kleenex..

Welcome to the site, Survivor.

Frances

An observation I made @ the game last night........... During the JV game some of the Varsity players were sitting in the bleachers watching. One of the young "ladies" was VERY vocal; shouting a constant barrage of derogartoy comments at the officials. (I'm sure all RH fans that were present heard this as I heard it on the opposite side of the gym)

She wasn't on the floor a full quarter in the Varsity game when her mouth got her penalized.

An observation I made @ the game last night........... During the JV game some of the Varsity players were sitting in the bleachers watching. One of the young "ladies" was VERY vocal; shouting a constant barrage of derogartoy comments at the officials. (I'm sure all RH fans that were present heard this as I heard it on the opposite side of the gym)

She wasn't on the floor a full quarter in the Varsity game when her mouth got her penalized.

What you say is true but a good official should only be concerned about the present not what happened the previous game or when a player was a freshman.

My question is: Why is this permitted/allowed by her/their coaches? Where were they when this was happening?

All of a sudden, we are accepting a lot of heresay as fact, aren't we. But, then, on BGP who needs facts in order to convict?

I was in attendance and I believe that the coach handled the "situation" quite well.

I do agree that players, teams, coaches, and fans must earn respect. That also extends to referees.

What are you talking about? No one said anything about a cospiracy to target Queen and Terry. My only comment was that last night's game featured two officials that...and let me be as delicate as I can here...exhibit something less than the ideals one hopes for in a ref. They are what they are...and they are that way whenever they officiate a game.

I am in no way lumping all of RH's fans into my comments about frequent objections about the officiating. Knowing your "delicate" situation Himmelfarb, I believe your comments are some of the most rational that I read on BGP - I'm sure that you would love to "unleash" at times, but you do not do so. RH has some of the most respectful and devoted fans in the 16th region, just as all teams in the area have. My only comment was, that of late, I seem to be reading about a lot of BGP complaints about officiating from a vocal contingent of RH supporters.

As to your reference to last nights game-as I said I wasn't in attendence and cannot comment about the specifics of that game.

If no team is being specfically targeted by the refs then we should probably all admit that high school officiating in general leaves a lot to be desired (at least in the 16th region). Since all teams deal with it, why should it be a constant point of discussion on this message board?

All of a sudden, we are accepting a lot of heresay as fact, aren't we. But, then, on BGP who needs facts in order to convict?

I was in attendance and I believe that the coach handled the "situation" quite well.

I do agree that players, teams, coaches, and fans must earn respect. That also extends to referees.

Is it truth or hearsay when one posts that "the coach handled the situation quite well." Oh my, whom do I believe? It is just so confusing!:rolleyes:

Genuine question: how did the coach handle it? Publicly since it was witnessed by two fans. If it wasn't out of line, why would there be a situation to handle?

SB, obviously I wasn't at this game, because I was at Raceland. Are you saying this didn't happen? If it didn't, please accept my apologies. If it did, please address the question. If the "situation" had been controlled during the JV game, perhaps this player wouldn't have been "t'd" up in the varsity game. (Disclaimer: all questions asked on the assumption that the previous post by likes2watch is true.)

To quote the great christian author, James Dobson: "If a child crosses a boundary and you don't hold up your end of the discipline, you are failing your child. If you promise a kid an icecream cone, you'd better get them one. If you promise them a punishment, you'd better hold that end up also."

What you say is true but a good official should only be concerned about the present not what happened the previous game or when a player was a freshman.

Past = behavior in the stands during JV game

Present = reaction by player after being penalized (which drew the "t")