Rose Hill 72 Boyd County 70

She's experiencing some pain and increasing stiffness. Hopefully alternating heat and ice through the night will help. Thanks for asking.

Is it her back? her knee? ankle? I hope she heals quickly.

Congrats Lady Royals on the win!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same player from the same team gets technical fouls in consecutive games. If that person was playing for any other coach I know they would be benched for at least a couple games for impropper conduct. That is disrespect for the game and their coach.

I assume that you were not in attendance and I am surprised, but skeptical, that you "know" what "any other coach" would do.

As I said earlier, you had to be there to believe it.

Check my update on that post #20 that you quoted, I deleted/edited my own post bc I meant to put that one on the Ashland/RH boys game thread. :lol: (I did mention Tomcats and not Lions) Brain lapse on my part. :D Sorry.

I'm just glad I read it before you deleted it. You provided the perfect segway...;) :thumb:

Queen: 12 pts, 5/8 shooting (1/1 3ptrs), 1/2 free throws, 4 rebs, 6 asts

Terry: 23 pts, 8/15 shooting (3/6 3ptrs), 2/2 free throws, 11 rebs, 6 asts

Faulkner: 18 pts, 7/13 shooting (3/3 3ptrs), 1/2 free throws, 4 rebs, 7 asts

Adkins: 6 pts, 2/3 shooting, 2/3 free throws, 1 reb, 1 ast

Dundon: 4 pts, 2/4 shooting, 2 rebs

Gambill: 9 pts, 3/6 shooting (all 3ptrs)

Oh yeah? Name 'em.

Congrats to the Lady Royals. I hope Queen is okay. How much time did she miss in the game? This would appear to be one of her lower outputs, statwise.

Also have to ask about Gambill. It looks like she is getting some significant clock. :thumb:

Frances

Is it her back? her knee? ankle? I hope she heals quickly.

Congrats Lady Royals on the win!

She had her back wrenched by being pulled backwards and was then slammed to the ground and landed on her back...and there is no other way to describe it but that she was slammed.

I'm just glad I read it before you deleted it. You provided the perfect segway...;) :thumb:

LOL -

You're slip is showing, Gertrude. Did you mean "Segway" as in the personal transportation equipment, or "segue" as in a transition from one thought to another?

Frances

PS - just kidding with my good friend Gertrude.

I think there are plenty of coaches on this site so I will ask them. If one of your players got technicals in 2 consecutive games what action would you take. I can only say what I have seen and that is swift correction action was taken.

On a totally different note are these the same refs that did such a good job when Boone played Russell? Everyone thought they did a bang up job then.

Oh yeah? Name 'em.

Congrats to the Lady Royals. I hope Queen is okay. How much time did she miss in the game? This would appear to be one of her lower outputs, statwise.

Also have to ask about Gambill. It looks like she is getting some significant clock. :thumb:

Frances

She may have missed a quarter or just over, with 2 fouls early, then the injury...sat again when she picked up her 4th and then fouled out with just over 2 minutes remaining.

Kaylyn saw quite a bit of action...I would guess almost a half...and she is just a very confident spot-up shooter to be so young. She didn't have to handle the ball and is very good at finding space.

Remember that warnings are not necessary once the game starts. In the pregame meeting with the team captains from each team and the two head coach's, the officials read a sportsmanship card that is required by the KHSAA.

This is the warning for all players and coach's.

About throwing the ball over the backboard and getting a warning...this should have been a "T". It clearly states in the rule book that this is a delay of game action that is penalized with a unsportsmanlike technical foul.

It also indicates that this is showing up the officials for the call they made.

Don't hate the ref...hate the rule!

LOL -

You're slip is showing, Gertrude. Did you mean "Segway" as in the personal transportation equipment, or "segue" as in a transition from one thought to another?

Frances

PS - just kidding with my good friend Gertrude.

Oops...that's twice tonight. I tried to correct my earlier "crebible" before you noticed, but OldRambler quoted me before I could get to it.:p

Remember that warnings are not necessary once the game starts. In the pregame meeting with the team captains from each team and the two head coach's, the officials read a sportsmanship card that is required by the KHSAA.

This is the warning for all players and coach's.

About throwing the ball over the backboard and getting a warning...this should have been a "T". It clearly states in the rule book that this is a delay of game action that is penalized with a unsportsmanlike technical foul.

It also indicates that this is showing up the officials for the call they made.

Don't hate the ref...hate the rule!

You make my point...call them all or none at all.