Rose Hill 72 Boyd County 70

All of a sudden, we are accepting a lot of heresay as fact, aren't we. But, then, on BGP who needs facts in order to convict?

I was in attendance and I believe that the coach handled the "situation" quite well.

I do agree that players, teams, coaches, and fans must earn respect. That also extends to referees.

Evidently the coach never handled the situation very well because she got a technical in the game she played, and one in the previous game. Any time a player is wearing their uniform they represent their school, their coach, and the other players. They should be held to a higher level than the ordinary fan. This is not heresay when a RoseHill fan attested to that fact. It sounds like a problem that the coach has not addressed properly or it would have stopped.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in no way lumping all of RH's fans into my comments about frequent objections about the officiating. Knowing your "delicate" situation Himmelfarb, I believe your comments are some of the most rational that I read on BGP - I'm sure that you would love to "unleash" at times, but you do not do so. RH has some of the most respectful and devoted fans in the 16th region, just as all teams in the area have. My only comment was, that of late, I seem to be reading about a lot of BGP complaints about officiating from a vocal contingent of RH supporters.

As to your reference to last nights game-as I said I wasn't in attendence and cannot comment about the specifics of that game.

If no team is being specfically targeted by the refs then we should probably all admit that high school officiating in general leaves a lot to be desired (at least in the 16th region). Since all teams deal with it, why should it be a constant point of discussion on this message board?

You know, I still hesitate to denigrate the 16th Region officials en masse. I realize just how hard some of them work and how much they aspire to do the best job they can...and there are those. What is so irritating is when one witnesses just how critical two or three obviously missed or bad calls are to the outcome of a game...and then you see that there are a certain few officials that seem to always be the ones blowing the whistle in those instances.

BGP is just a place to vent, forget it and go on...until you see them take the court for your next game. Even then...you groan, have a laugh with a friend in the stands...and enjoy it all.

All of a sudden, we are accepting a lot of heresay as fact, aren't we. But, then, on BGP who needs facts in order to convict?

I was in attendance

Being that you were in attendance (during the JV game)......Surely you are not referring to the "verbal barrage" as heresay?

I won the contest because Himmelfarb screamed before I did.:thumb:

Hey...honestly...I said one thing (I think...at least I can remember only one elbow in my side from the statistician)...and it was for the benefit of those around me who, like me, were wondering if last night's game was when we would all learn just who is...TheWalrus!!:scared:

Why would officials give players respect who run their mouths after fouls, intentionally delay the game, lay the ball down after a call, How do poor sports and crybabies get respect. We are crying when we win and crying when we loose , get some kleenex..

Keep Preaching...this is the best attitude on here. Great Post:thumb:

I have alot of respect for Boyd's program. Atleast they will play RH. When it comes to tournament time I will cheer for them too.

One may not like the physical style of play or Pete's constant working of the officials...but he gets the most out of his players and he can coach a game.

I have stated this before on other threads and I will state it again. RH is targeted, say what you want, think what you want. When did this all start, lets say about 5 years ago. This area does want RH to succeed in anything. They had enjoyed beating up on RH for years and running the score up to embarrass RH's kids, yes run the score up, you dont beat a team by 75 points playing your scrubs, and now little RH has a PROGRAM, oohhhh no, this cant be, who will all the other teams play now for a sure win? I wish that I could post some enlighting truths and FACTS about major conflicts of interest that goes on concerning other schools and who they are afflilated with in the cycle of high school sports. My advice to RH is to realize it, get over it and keep finding a way to win like you did last night. Oh yeah, RH is going have a Football team in the future maybe they can find a way to mess those kids over as well. It is a bunch of crap, not all of the refs but most are horrible, how do they get certified? I need some extra cash...ha ha. All joking aside all I wish would happen is for refs to call the game consistently and do not anticipate a call, call it when it happens. RH games are worse but this kind of officiating goes on when other teams beside RH are playing.

You know, I still hesitate to denigrate the 16th Region officials en masse. I realize just how hard some of them work and how much they aspire to do the best job they can...and there are those.

Good Point Himmelfarb. I may have been off base by insinuating that all 16th region refs are below par. Indeed, there are some very good officials in the 16th. I do not doubt the work ethic of any of these officials - whether I agree with their playcalling or not. I myself never want to be a paid official for any sport. Too many headaches and not enough rewards!!!

Good Point Himmelfarb. I may have been off base by insinuating that all 16th region refs are below par. Indeed, there are some very good officials in the 16th. I do not doubt the work ethic of any of these officials - whether I agree with their playcalling or not. I myself never want to be a paid official for any sport. Too many headaches and not enough rewards!!!

And it's so much easier to sit safely in the stands and nitpick.:D

My advice to RH is to realize it, get over it and keep finding a way to win like you did last night.

I totally agree with you GottaRebound - we all just need to get over it and just play the game. I hope that Rose Hill and especially its seniors have a successful season in the region and maybe even at state.

Is it truth or hearsay when one posts that "the coach handled the situation quite well." Oh my, whom do I believe? It is just so confusing!:rolleyes:

Genuine question: how did the coach handle it? Publicly since it was witnessed by two fans. If it wasn't out of line, why would there be a situation to handle?

SB, obviously I wasn't at this game, because I was at Raceland. Are you saying this didn't happen? If it didn't, please accept my apologies. If it did, please address the question. If the "situation" had been controlled during the JV game, perhaps this player wouldn't have been "t'd" up in the varsity game. (Disclaimer: all questions asked on the assumption that the previous post by likes2watch is true.)

To quote the great christian author, James Dobson: "If a child crosses a boundary and you don't hold up your end of the discipline, you are failing your child. If you promise a kid an icecream cone, you'd better get them one. If you promise them a punishment, you'd better hold that end up also."

Well, Incognito, when I, an eye witness, say that "the coach handled the situation quite well", it is not heresay because it is a firsthand observation. Of course, it is also an opinion given by one who is not unbiased. Therefore, it is properly subject to interpretation.

On the other hand, when you restate what someone else told you (a person who, most likely, was not unbiased either), that is clearly heresay.

I don't believe that I have directly commented on the officiating one way or the other. I won't do so on BGP. I have merely defended a young girl and her coach from the criticism of those who have nothing but heresay upon which to base their opinions and their convicting statements.

As for Dobson, the quote you attribute to him is good. However, I have learned to not pay much attention to nor put much faith in what Dobson and his bunch have to say.

An observation I made @ the game last night........... During the JV game some of the Varsity players were sitting in the bleachers watching. One of the young "ladies" was VERY vocal; shouting a constant barrage of derogartoy comments at the officials. (I'm sure all RH fans that were present heard this as I heard it on the opposite side of the gym)

She wasn't on the floor a full quarter in the Varsity game when her mouth got her penalized.

Well, ScooterBob, I believe the above would be considered a statement from an eyewitness. Were you an eyewitness, likes2watch? I was an eyewitness at the Raceland/RH game and observed that T the player received. My point in this whole conversation isn't to downgrade this young lady. It is to question the authority figures that continue to tolerate such behavior. See my previous post.

Dobson to me has some very good lessons in his books. Perhaps you should read a few.

I have stated this before on other threads and I will state it again. RH is targeted, say what you want, think what you want. When did this all start, lets say about 5 years ago. This area does want RH to succeed in anything. They had enjoyed beating up on RH for years and running the score up to embarrass RH's kids, yes run the score up, you dont beat a team by 75 points playing your scrubs, and now little RH has a PROGRAM, oohhhh no, this cant be, who will all the other teams play now for a sure win? I wish that I could post some enlighting truths and FACTS about major conflicts of interest that goes on concerning other schools and who they are afflilated with in the cycle of high school sports. My advice to RH is to realize it, get over it and keep finding a way to win like you did last night. Oh yeah, RH is going have a Football team in the future maybe they can find a way to mess those kids over as well. It is a bunch of crap, not all of the refs but most are horrible, how do they get certified? I need some extra cash...ha ha. All joking aside all I wish would happen is for refs to call the game consistently and do not anticipate a call, call it when it happens. RH games are worse but this kind of officiating goes on when other teams beside RH are playing.

So, Rose Hill is targeted by the officials? Is that what you're saying?