Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 72 Boyd County 70

Featured Replies

  • Author
Remember that warnings are not necessary once the game starts. In the pregame meeting with the team captains from each team and the two head coach's, the officials read a sportsmanship card that is required by the KHSAA.

 

This is the warning for all players and coach's.

 

About throwing the ball over the backboard and getting a warning...this should have been a "T". It clearly states in the rule book that this is a delay of game action that is penalized with a unsportsmanlike technical foul.

It also indicates that this is showing up the officials for the call they made.

 

Don't hate the ref...hate the rule!

 

Then Terry should have been called for a technical. This just furthers the discussion on poor officiating.

  • Replies 143
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make my point...call them all or none at all.

 

I totally agree...this makes it easy to be consistant.:thumb:

... and is very good at finding space.

It sounds like she is sneaky - like her Dad.

 

 

Frances

Oops...that's twice tonight. I tried to correct my earlier "crebible" before you noticed, but OldRambler quoted me before I could get to it.:p

Thats o.k. Himmelfarb. I too had thought I made a mistake once but I was mistaken.:eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes I am crazy but it keeps me from going insane.;)

Great job Laura bringing the ball down a few times and having a excellent game. Also great shooting Gambill excellent game for a youngster. A very good game for Britt too.

I was disappoited about the technical. She probably could have added 10 more. Hope Emily gets back to 100% ASAP.

I think there are plenty of coaches on this site so I will ask them. If one of your players got technicals in 2 consecutive games what action would you take. I can only say what I have seen and that is swift correction action was taken.

 

On a totally different note are these the same refs that did such a good job when Boone played Russell? Everyone thought they did a bang up job then.

 

Sounds like an interesting New Thread topic to me...

Great job Laura bringing the ball down a few times and having a excellent game. Also great shooting Gambill excellent game for a youngster. A very good game for Britt too.

I was disappoited about the technical. She probably could have added 10 more. Hope Emily gets back to 100% ASAP.

 

Experiencing an involuntary mood swing there, Walrus?:D

 

Thanks.

First of all let me say that I hope Queen's injury isn't serious and that she is back on the court soon. I also want to congratulate RH for winning at Boyd, a very difficult thing to do in any year.

 

Against my better judgement as a new member of BGP, I am going to put in my 2 cents worth about all this officiating controversy (which I know I will reget) I want to make it clear that I was not at tonight's Boyd - RH game so all of my comments deal with all the many past RH games I have attended both at Stewart gymnasium and away. I cannot and will not make any direct comments about tonight's officiating.

 

I keep hearing that RH, especially Terry and Queen, is being unfairly treated by area offcials. In the games I have attended I don't see it. I agree that Terry and Queen are going to be physically defended and double teamed night after night, but physical defense does not always equate to fouls. Both Terry and Queen are very physical players themselves and this is what makes them such great competitors. At times both will push, pull, go over the back, etc... of their opponents because they want to win every game. I have seen both players not called for some actions that I feel were foul worthy. However, on the very next play, I have heard comments from the RH stands about how Terry/Queen defenders are always fouling them but with no call. I realize that a fan of any team is going to object to some questionable calls, but after watching many RH games, I just don't see the officiating conspiracy that I read about on BGP.

 

Possibly since RH is more seriously affected by foul trouble due to their lack of bench depth, RH fans naturally want to protect their players more. This is understandable, but as a generic fan of 16th region basketball I don't see RH being a target any more than any other team. RH may have have been the recipient of poor officiating tonight, but as I said earlier, I cannot respond to that.

 

Regarding the technicals received by Faulkner, I can say that I was at the Raceland - RH game and I did hear what she said the the ref and it did justify(IMO) a "T". If (and I say"if") Faulkner used the same language in tonight's game within earshot of a ref, IMO she should be assessed another T (even if it was not said to the ref's face).

 

Unfortunately refs are human and if they are 50/50 on whether to make a call on a certain player, and that player has recieved a T earlier in the game, it might sway them to make the foul call. Is this right -no! Is it human nature - probably. My advice to anyone who thinks they are becoming a "technical target" is to always be on their best on-court behavior. In this way there is NO WAY a ref can justify assessing a technical foul.

 

OK, I'm sure that this post will generate a lot of criticism,and that is OK. Just know that I don't like or dislike RH (or any of its players) any more or less than any other 16th region team. These are just my thoughts about this issue.

...I just don't see the officiating conspiracy that I read about on BGP...

 

What are you talking about? No one said anything about a cospiracy to target Queen and Terry. My only comment was that last night's game featured two officials that...and let me be as delicate as I can here...exhibit something less than the ideals one hopes for in a ref. They are what they are...and they are that way whenever they officiate a game.

Thumping I didnt know they got thumped.

How bad Wireman by 20 ?

 

 

Where's that Beevis and Butthead emoticon?

Were the both of you at the game tonight?

 

 

Top row, good guys section. Once I even screamed at the ref that her name must be TheWalrus...but I got no reaction. I'll keep trying.

Top row, good guys section. Once I even screamed at the ref that her name must be TheWalrus...but I got no reaction. I'll keep trying.

 

The Ides of March are slowly approaching...I love to hear fan participation. When is the next game for RH?

...When is the next game for RH?

 

The Lady Royals have only 5 games remaining on their schedule and play again next Saturday at Sheldon Clark against Shelby Valley.

The Ides of March are slowly approaching...

 

Et tu, GottaRebound?

 

 

 

Frances

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.