What will it take for a NKY 6A State title?

What 6A NKY team brings home the 1st State Title?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What Northern Kentucky big school will bring home the first 6A State Champiohship Trophy?

• Campbell County
    • Ryle
    • Simon Kenton
    • Other (A team currently in a lower division that moves to 6A in the future)

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

St. X beat Boone County when they had Shaun Alexander in 1992. St. X won 3-0. Kicked a FG late in 4th quarter. I was on sideline so had great view, it was also very cold that day at Cardinal Stadium.

Sophomore year lost to ST X in the finals. 93 (JR year) lost to Male in the semifinals. 94 lost to Trinity in the finals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

St. X beat Boone County when they had Shaun Alexander in 1992. St. X won 3-0. Kicked a FG late in 4th quarter. I was on sideline so had great view, it was also very cold that day at Cardinal Stadium.

I think we have talked about this before.  I was there too, it was cold and windy, and it was boring. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, theguru said:

I know it was before Kentucky went to six classes but the Ryle team that made the finals when Bryson Warner was the head coach was very good and played a respectable game against Trinity in the finals. 

If that Ryle team had an offensive philosophy in general or had the coaches to teach the technique of their power run identity, they certainly had the talent to compete with Trinity that year. The defense held early but was on the field a ton. I wonder what would happen if that team could be fielded with the current coaching staff at Ryle. You hate on the current coaches but I see so much more from their offense having followed them for 20+ years. 

7 minutes ago, goallinestand06 said:

If that Ryle team had an offensive philosophy in general or had the coaches to teach the technique of their power run identity, they certainly had the talent to compete with Trinity that year. The defense held early but was on the field a ton. I wonder what would happen if that team could be fielded with the current coaching staff at Ryle. You hate on the current coaches but I see so much more from their offense having followed them for 20+ years. 

I am not hating on the current coaches, I just don't think they will be around when Ryle wins a state championship. 

50 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am not hating on the current coaches, I just don't think they will be around when Ryle wins a state championship. 

You do in many posts. 

But to go back to the question at hand, the simple answer is when the private schools play in their own division. That would reduce a lot of the big competition that the NKY big schools need to compete with in the later rounds. 

There’s definitely the chance of something similar to a Bullitt East 2022 run. I could see that out of Ryle the next couple years or Cooper in 2025 if they move to 6A the next realignment (I think that’s when the next realignment is). 

Outside of those two scenarios, I don’t see it in the near future. 

6 minutes ago, goallinestand06 said:

But to go back to the question at hand, the simple answer is when the private schools play in their own division. That would reduce a lot of the big competition that the NKY big schools need to compete with in the later rounds. 

So kick the private schools out, got it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, goallinestand06 said:

You do in many posts. 

There’s definitely the chance of something similar to a Bullitt East 2022 run. I could see that out of Ryle the next couple years or Cooper in 2025 if they move to 6A the next realignment (I think that’s when the next realignment is). 

Outside of those two scenarios, I don’t see it in the near future. 

6A has existed since 2007. In six of those years ('12, '13, '15, '16, '18, and '19) every NKY public school was eliminated by another public school. 

The last two years, the private school that eliminated NKY publics - Trinity ('21 Ryle, and '22 Simon Kenton and Campbell Co.), didn't win the title. 

Louisville an Lexington are now chock full of open enrollment and magnet schools. Do you think eliminating two of the 32 (~6%) schools involved is the the answer? 

A lot of folks talk about a private school class. I've never seen someone on BGP lay out specifically what that would look like and how it would work. Trinity vs. Brossart? Fewer playoff games in a private class than everyone else gets to play? All publics back to a four class system? 🤷 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

6A has existed since 2007. In six of those years ('12, '13, '15, '16, '18, and '19) every NKY public school was eliminated by another public school. 

The last two years, the private school that eliminated NKY publics - Trinity ('21 Ryle, and '22 Simon Kenton and Campbell Co.), didn't win the title. 

Louisville an Lexington are now chock full of open enrollment and magnet schools. Do you think eliminating two of the 32 (~6%) schools involved is the the answer? 

A lot of folks talk about a private school class. I've never seen someone on BGP lay out specifically what that would look like and how it would work. Trinity vs. Brossart? Fewer playoff games in a private class than everyone else gets to play? All publics back to a four class system? 🤷 

It’s just so unfair @Runcible Owl! Just think how many titles Highlands would have if we didn’t have to compete against the Big Bad Private schools. We would be so relevant!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

It’s just so unfair @Runcible Owl! Just think how many titles Highlands would have if we didn’t have to compete against the Big Bad Private schools. We would be so relevant!

ISWYDT. Highlands has always been excellent. The Bluebirds and Cov Cath have been, until this year, in the same District for 55 seasons. State titles since 1967: Highlands 20, Cov Cath 8. Probably 2/3 of Cov Cath students pass by Beechwood Road on their way to and from school. Beechwood: 17 titles, New Cath 5, Holy Cross 1 ...

General query: If during the playoffs a public team (a) was eliminated by a private team (b), who was then eliminated by a public team (c), then was team (a) really going to win a title? 

And Frank, #BBLB (Bring Back Lloyd Bridges).

• Like 1

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds, wager). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.

5 hours ago, Runcible Owl said:

ISWYDT. Highlands has always been excellent. The Bluebirds and Cov Cath have been, until this year, in the same District for 55 seasons. State titles since 1967: Highlands 20, Cov Cath 8. Probably 2/3 of Cov Cath students pass by Beechwood Road on their way to and from school. Beechwood: 17 titles, New Cath 5, Holy Cross 1 ...

General query: If during the playoffs a public team (a) was eliminated by a private team (b), who was then eliminated by a public team (c), then was team (a) really going to win a title? 

And Frank, #BBLB (Bring Back Lloyd Bridges).

#LBIB - Lloyd Bridges Is Back, just for you!!

• Haha 1